New head of Celebrity Apprentice... :-/

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Ziggie, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Ziggie

Ziggie TiVo Since 2003

Jan 20, 2004
    Under a...

Advertisements

Arnold Schwarzenegger is taking Donald Trump's seat as the boss on "The Celebrity Apprentice."

NBC announced Arnold's new gig on Monday morning, and says he'll start calling the shots on the show during the 2016-17 TV season.

2. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    That's.....odd.

3. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    So instead of "You're Fired" will it be "Hasta La Vista baby"

4. Ziggie

Ziggie TiVo Since 2003

Jan 20, 2004
    Under a...
    It is odd, imo :-/ I mean, what is he bringing to the table? I'm really going to miss Trump and his kids.

5. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas

Advertisements

ooh, or maybe "You Won't be Baack"

Trump was that show, it will be totally different without him.

6. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    ahnold will also serve as an executive producer. no mention of supporting boardroom cast, but they have a long list of celebrity contestants from previous seasons to call on.

7. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    Is this show 100% celebrities these days? They don't have seasons with regular people on it anymore?

8. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    from wikipedia:

9. Ziggie

Ziggie TiVo Since 2003

Jan 20, 2004
    Under a...
    He sure was. He made that show what it is. He's all about the "business" side of things. His kids were great on it too.

I'll check out the first episode but that might be all. I'm not an ahnold fan by any means.

Like NA posted, they no longer do the regular Apprentice. But, you know what? I really enjoyed that show. It was something you could identify with. It was great seeing everyday people rise to the challenges.

10. Ziggie

Ziggie TiVo Since 2003

Jan 20, 2004
    Under a...
    Ugh, they're moving the entire show to California :-/

11. Numb And Number2

Numb And Number2 Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Oh no, this is a mistake. Could rank with with the Chevy Chase Show. People are gonna tune in to see the awful.

12. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    trumps influence and screen time on the show is limited to the task announcement at the top of the show, then the boardroom afterwards, but not a lot of dialog in between, when you consider the execution of tasks, contestants defending their performance, and supporting boardroom questions. i can see an uncomplicated transition from trump to ahnold.

but moving the show from new york to california? that'll change the feel of the show, it's location is a large contributing dynamic to the tasks. this is the most disappointing aspect of any of the announced changes for me, i'm dreading the production will look similar to the other reality tv messes from the west coast. :thumbsdown:

13. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Or...you've been terminated!

14. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i'll be back...but you won't...

15. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Maybe it's easier for celebs to commit to the show from CA?

16. Zephyr

Zephyr Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2005
    Massachusetts
    How soon we forget. This is tasteless. Kind of like most of tv now.
    Maybe "Who's your mama...?"

17. Jim_TV

Jim_TV Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I love Arnold, like almost everyone else does, but Donald Trump and his family made that show. I've been a die hard Apprentice fan since the beginning, but I think this is going to be really weird without Trump and the show moving from NYC to Cali. I'll still tune in just to see the train wreck at least, and maybe they'll surprise us.

By the way for those who miss the original Apprentice premise of regular people competing for a job- or an investment in their business in the recent seasons- the Apprentice UK show with Sir Alan Sugar (now Lord Sugar) has always been great. It's scheduled to return for its eleventh season on October 13th. One can watch it on the BBC web site if you're in the UK or know how to get around the geo-ip restrictions. I highly recommend it.

18. smbaker

smbaker Well-Known Member

May 24, 2003
    To maintain the feel of the show and the pretense of it being business-oriented, it needs another business tycoon, not an actor. I really like Arnold, but I just don't see this fitting him at all.

19. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    This is what I was going to say. There is a new celebrity pool to pick from in CA.

20. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale