New HD channels soon?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by nabuch, May 20, 2006.

1. nabuch

nabuch New Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Elsmere,Ky. USA

Advertisements

I just recently got notice of a channel change on my SA TIVO, added channels 95, 96, 97, 98. They all say HDSE. Does this mean we are getting four new HD channels, or will I get another channel change about them being deleted?

By the way, why does my SA TIVO always keep me informed of channel changes, but the HD TIVO never does?

2. Steve1212

Steve1212 New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Channles 95-99 have always been there and are used for Special Events (SE)

3. Dirac

Dirac New Member

Oct 17, 2002
    Florida
    I was watching the Oilers-Ducks game on 95 yesterday, and saw a bunch of upcoming sporting events, notably baseball. Does everyone get those, only those who subscribe to Sports Pack, or MLBEI, or HD Pack, or ...?

It's a free preview weekend so just because I can see it today may not mean it's always available. And the hockey was on OLN, which is part of TC+.

4. Aaron3001

Aaron3001 New Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Simi Valley, CA
    From what i see those are HD sports channels. 95 is for MLB games in HD. i'm sure during football season they'll also be used.

5. Dirac

Dirac New Member

Oct 17, 2002
    Florida

Advertisements

I checked a baseball game this weekend on Ch. 95 and it gave me an x721 message, so apparently it was part of MLBEI. I saw the Ducks game last night, though.

6. pudge44

pudge44 Bring on the HD

Dec 5, 2002
    New Jersey
    Channel 95 is used for all manner of HD sports broadcasts. If the game they show on 95 is part of a sports subscription (such as a Yankees game on YES for those outside the New York area) you won't be able to watch unless you subsribe to that package. Last night's NHL game was available to everyone because it was on OLN, not a subscription package.