New Hard Drive

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by GriffithStrife, May 17, 2011.

1. GriffithStrife

GriffithStrife Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Hello I upgraded my hard drive today and to my surprise all my season passes were intact. Does anyone know how that happened? Thanks.

2. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    They are saved on the TiVo server and copied back down when you install a new hard drive.

3. GriffithStrife

GriffithStrife Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Well I wish it would do it again last night I had to clear to do list because of a glitch now, now I have nothing.

4. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Unfortunately, as TiVoPony says in that post I linked to:

So you'll have to set everything up again. Using TiVo.com can help speed that up, as can the Slide remote or a wireless USB keyboard for faster data entry. For the shows that aren't currently airing, you'll have to create WishLists until they show up in the Guide Data again.

5. TiVoJerry

TiVoJerry Caavo employee (Ex-TiVo, '00-'16)

Jul 26, 2005
    Woodside, CA
    If you only have one DVR, the following recommendation won't help but I thought it still would be useful to have the info out there in case someone follows up on this later.

If you have more than one DVR, you can use the Remote Scheduling app's Season Pass Manager to create them on another box.

Hypothetical situation:
    If the OP had two boxes, and the box that had C&DE on it had not yet called in, the server wouldn't wipe the SP list. They could be copied to the second box, then the C&DE box could call in to sync. Once it had wiped out the online copy of the list, he could move them back from the second box.