New Girl "Naked" 11/1/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by billypritchard, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Nov 2, 2011 #1 of 26
    billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Okay, it was a bit ridiculous with all the silly pee-pee talk, but I still thought it was very funny. Silly names for male junk will nearly always get a laugh from me.

What I thought was good with this episode was the time spent with Schmidt and Winston. All the guys really got the chance to shine this time and Jess was more part of the ensemble.

The roommate meeting with the feeling stick was my favorite scene.

2. Nov 2, 2011 #2 of 26
    Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    I thought the episode was great. I am loving this show.

Winston trying to catch up on the last two years was great. I loved that he was watching The King's Speech and Human Centipede at the same time. The later the YouTube video from the double rainbow dude.

I also liked Winston talking about how he knows word. Save. Save as. Print. Print Preview!

3. Nov 2, 2011 #3 of 26
    tonestert

tonestert Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Charlottesvi...
    I knew once she saw him naked someone would say to make it even he would have to see her naked. The same thing happen on a Friends episode.

4. Nov 2, 2011 #4 of 26
    efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    The Zooey character is given really juvenile things to do but she is so cute that I could watch her do anything. And the addition of Lake Bell is a real winner. That girl pushes all my buttons. I hope she comes back but something tells me this was a one-off.

5. Nov 2, 2011 #5 of 26
    Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    In constrast to the other posters, after this episode I decided to pull the plug on my season pass. I don't know if it was the break, but somehow Zooey's character was just that much more annoying to me and I felt I was forcing myself to keep watching. :(

Oh well, to each their own

6. Nov 2, 2011 #6 of 26
    dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    The whole saying penis thing was really funny to me... laugh out loud, roll on the floor, pee in my pants funny. Mainly because in college we had a similar incident with saying the word penis, and it brought back all those memories. My hubby even came in to the room and said "Did you just think of (so and so) just now?"

Probably for everyone else it was not that funny.

7. Nov 2, 2011 #7 of 26
    billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Some tv reviewers I read said this episode was the high point of Zooey quirkiness. So hopefully future eps aren't quite so there.

Though I didn't really mind.

8. Nov 2, 2011 #8 of 26
    ncsercs

ncsercs DirecTivo fan.......

May 5, 2001
    Hinsdale, IL
    "Out of the shower, Schmidt!" (after the water was turned on)

"Aw come on, Nick! I'm the only one who hasn't seen it!"

9. Nov 2, 2011 #9 of 26
    rcobourn

rcobourn Registered Snoozer

Nov 10, 2004
    Phoenix, AZ
    Same here.

10. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    While I find her kind of annoying, I can't help laughing at this show. She's, for me, like Jim Carey was back in the day. Small doses of the hijinx...totally hilarious. Too much of it and it's just irritating.

11. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    did she say "gumball pod" at the end? CC had it has "gumbo pot", but that can't be right.

12. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I heard gumbo pot also and the minds-eye visual of Jess straddling a pot of gumbo made me lol..

13. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Why can't that be right? (rather than "gumball pod"?)

14. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I'm kinda in the same boat. I actually deleted my SP weeks ago. Then I heard the show got picked up for a full season or something, and decided to give it another chance.

I watched the most recent episode last night. Her character is incredibly annoying. I will probably end up dumping the show for a second time.

15. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I liked this. Seemed to have just the right amount of silly quirkiness from Jess.

Penis..

Tee hee...

16. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    *shrug* I liked wedding better and thought this episode was silly and a step backwards.

It sure looks like this is going to be one of those kinds of shows that straddles the line with different demographics offering different opinions.

17. Gromit

Gromit Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 1999
    Atlanta, GA
    The wedding episode is the only one I've really liked. I've kind of cringed and endured the other episodes.

18. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    We watched this last night. Thought it was hilarious. The feeling stick was, by far, the best part. Schmidt: "I feel me too!" Jess: "You may be surprised that this is not the first time someone has broken my feeling stick".

The penis names went on a bit too long (although I did love "enis-pay" "not in Pig Latin!") Didn't mind Zooey at all.

19. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    I suspect you either like Zoey's quirkiness or you don't. We fall into the like camp.

20. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I'm in the like camp too.