New G adapter and Sony SVR 3000

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by rb_la, Jan 14, 2006.

1. rb_la

rb_la New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    I have an older Sony svr-3000 series 2 tivo with a 110 service number. I am currently using a Netgear WG111 (starting with serial # 130) to connect to my Linksys befsw11s4 b network router. What I'm wondering is if I upgrade the router to G series router will I see some improvement in Tivo To Go transfers?
    Also would there be any benefit to getting the new Tivo G wireless adapter? I think that my older sony tivo only has usb 1.1 ports, so am I already maxing out on transfer times?

Thanks!

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I don't think "g" adapters are supported.

Check in the Home Media Features forum for info.

Also check a couple other threads you posted in to see if anyone followed up.

3. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Only the "commercial" G adapters aren't supported on the 1xx DVRs. The TiVo G adapter works fine.
    You might have some gain with a G router.

4. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    What are your transfer rates now?

The best I am getting with a wired network is around 500 KB/sec with a Humax T800 series 2, I have seen some people say they are getting up to 900 KB/sec on wired networks not sure about wireless.

Maybe someone could post the rates they are getting with the new TiVo wireless G adapter so you could see if they are better than what your getting now.

Thanks,

atmuscarella