New FIOS HD Channels lost

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by robostock, Oct 11, 2008.

1. robostock

robostock Member

Feb 8, 2008

Advertisements

For about 2 weeks I had the newly added FIOS HD channels (i.e. FX HD East, Disney HD, WGN HD, Hallmark HD, Fox Business HD etc.), but as of a couple of days ago I've lost them and don't know why.

They're listed in the guide as "to be announced", but when I try to tune them in I get a black screen and no joy.:(

When I did have them working, there was no guide info and I just assumed it would eventually update. I've done a restart and forced connection but all to no avail. The only thing I haven't done is a guide setup. That is my last resort, but I don't think it will help.

If it helps, I live in MA and the other HD channels work fine. Any ideas?

2. mjrichardson47

mjrichardson47 New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    They were working before but no guide information was available. Now nothing at all. Anybody???:confused:

3. mamosley

mamosley New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    that was a freeview of the new fios hd extreme package. now you have to pay for the new hd channels as well as pay for hd equipment

4. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    As alluded to above, the extra channels were a free preview. Now you have to pay about $10 more if you want those channels.

5. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005

Advertisements

If you're not getting video, you probably haven't subscribed

... or... perhaps there's actually an issue.

I live in Massachusetts and I'm subscribing to the Extreme package. Although I'm getting the channels, there's no guide data.

I've submitted lineup issue reports on all of them and so should you.

The channels with no guide data, as far as I can tell, are:

• Toon Disney (781)
    • Disney (780)
    • MGM Channel (744)
    • Halmark Movies (740)
    • ABC Family (699)
    • Travel Channel HD (670)
    • Planet Green HD (668)
    • Biography HD (629)
    • Fox News HD (618)
    • Fox Business HD (617)
    • Tennis Channel HD (592)
    • Speed HD (583)
    • Superstation WGN HD (568)
    • FX HD (553)
    • RFD TV (247)
    • Current TV (192)

Check all of your channels, especially the once below 500, which are not HD, for guide data. Also, you should be receiving broadcast HD stations in the 500 range.

6. robostock

robostock Member

Feb 8, 2008
    You and mamosley are correct. Those channels were indeed a free preview.

I called Verizon yesterday and was told they are included in the FIOS Extreme package.

But, as a existing FIOS customer I was given a free upgrade to extreme for a year, along with HBO/Cinemax for a month. Long enough for me to get hooked on all those HD channels!

7. robostock

robostock Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Sure. Would you have the link?

8. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
  9. jhimmel

jhimmel Member

Dec 27, 2002
    I am missing guide data for the following subscribed FiOS channels -

553 (FX HD)
    568 (WGN HD)
    583 (Speed HD)
    617 (Fox Business HD)
    618 (Fox News Channel HD)
    629 (Biography Channel HD)
    668 (Planet Green HD)
    670 (The Travel Channel HD)
    699 (ABC Family HD)
    740 (Hallmark Movie Channel HD)
    744 (MGM HD)
    780 (Disney Channel HD)
    781 (Toon Disney HD)

I filed a report with TiVO
    I am in the LI, NY area.

Jim H.

10. mbhuff

mbhuff New Member

Jan 24, 2004
    New York
    I'm in Westchester, NY and have the same problem. I've submitted the lineup change as well as opened a ticket with FioS. Since a number of the channels (like travel HD) are missing on Zap2it.com as well, it's obvious that Verizon screwed up with their submission to Tribune. I'm not sure that TiVO can fix it at all without Verizon fixing their problem. If it gets fixed it may be a while since I'm sure it's not a priority with Verizon.

Verizon has called me twice within the last week trying to get me to switch from my TiVo to their DVR. The sales agent had a whole list of talking points on why their DVR is better. There is an obvious push to have people switch from cablecards to their DVR. When I opened the call with Verizon, the tech mentioned that if I was using their DVR this wouldn't have happened.

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action." - Ian Fleming

11. Generic

Generic Now in Dolby Digital

Dec 26, 2005
    SoCal
    I think if you rerun guided setup, it will come up with program info. That's what I had to do.

12. mbhuff

mbhuff New Member

Jan 24, 2004
    New York
    It must depend on your area. I've forced connections, re-run guided setup, etc..., I still don't get programming data for those channels. I can tune to them, but no data at all.

13. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    Since these channels were just lit up in my area, now I'm wondering what the cost for the upgrade package is?

14. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    If you have the 20/5 package, it may not cost you anything. Verizon offers a bundle with FiOS Extreme HD and 20/5 Internet for $79.99.

Separately, FiOS Extreme HD is $57.99, but that also includes all channels from the sports package. If you were paying for FiOS TV premier and the sports package, you can probably upgrade for no cost. If you didn't have the sports package, and didn't have 20/5 Internet, then it may cost you $10 extra or so.