New features coming -I like !

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Tivo_60, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Tivo_60

Tivo_60 NY State of Mind

Jun 13, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Received this email from D yesterday :

"Great news for DIRECTV/TiVo customers—new features are on the way!

We know you love your DIRECTV/TiVo and we at DIRECTV are working with TiVo to make it even better. As a DIRECTV/TiVo customer, you'll soon have access to the latest innovations such as:

DIRECTV Remote Booking. Forgot to set up a recording before you left the house? From any computer with Internet access you can schedule recordings remotely by visiting directv.com.

Recently Deleted Folder. Quickly restore deleted programs to your "Now Playing" list.

Overlap Protection™. Never worry about recording conflicts again. For consecutive scheduled recordings that overlap, TiVo will clip the ending of the first show or the beginning of the second (based on the higher priority), but will never cancel one of your recordings.

These new features are completely FREE and you don't need to do anything to get them. In early 2008 the enhancements will automatically download to your DIRECTV/TiVo receiver, if it is hooked up to a land-based phone line. DIRECTV and TiVo will continue to explore future enhancements to bring you the most robust TV viewing experience.

So sit back, relax and continue to enjoy the best television available.

Thank you for being a loyal DIRECTV customer"

2. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I think there is a thread about this some where already but I'm glad this is happening for you DTivo folks. It's long overdue.

3. nhaigh

nhaigh Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Lawrencevill...
    Too little way too late !!!

4. Tivo_60

Tivo_60 NY State of Mind

Jun 13, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    As it turns out, Fios will be available on my block in about 2 weeks (wiring already in the street-underground)

5. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY