TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

New F/X Show -- Damages

3K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  LiveBlues 
#1 ·
Anyone in here been following this? New show on F/X about high stakes litigation starring Glenn Close. Looks like it could be another winner on F/X. It's taking Rescue Me's old time slot Tuesday's at 10. Looking forward to checking this one out.

#4 ·
Well I read up on it, cuz I am an F/X fan and it looks like what makes it really different than other legal dramas is that it isnt case jumping week to week. It focuses on one case as the arc of the show, which i think will be cool cuz it will get pretty in depth. Plus you know it will be gritty from the promos, and cuz it's on F/X.

#5 ·
One of my favorite shows of all time was Season one of Murder One. Daniel Benzali, Stanley Tucci and a great supporting cast, great scripts and amazing season-long arc. If this show comes anywhere near that standard (and I can't believe Glenn Close would move to TV without that being the case) bring it on!

#6 ·
Glenn Close already moved to F/X once...she was on The Shield for one season.
I will make a SP, when it's available and check it out.
The promos haven't really been all that exciting...but hey, it's an F/X show.

#7 ·
caocian said:
One of my favorite shows of all time was Season one of Murder One. Daniel Benzali, Stanley Tucci and a great supporting cast, great scripts and amazing season-long arc. If this show comes anywhere near that standard (and I can't believe Glenn Close would move to TV without that being the case) bring it on!
yea, i am pumped for the big one case arc. and i agree, glenn close wouldnt choose to star in this unless it was quality. she usually does very well choosing roles.

#8 ·
I didn't watch Glenn Close on The Shield, but she is just a great actress....

Unless the scripts/direction are REALLY bad, I would think that the combination of F/X and Glenn Close would be a hit. I hope so.

I will do a season pass and, hopefully, won't have to delete it!

#9 ·
brebeans said:
Unless the scripts/direction are REALLY bad, I would think that the combination of F/X and Glenn Close would be a hit. I hope so.
i totally agree. F/X has been so great with their original content and glenn close...well she is glenn close.

found in article about the show in the new yorker:
http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/television/2007/07/23/070723crte_television_franklin

and interestingly enough Damages was co-created by Todd A. Kessler, a writer for the Sopranos for two years and the pilot directed by Allen Coulter who directed a dozen episodes of the Sopranos....another indication of quality!

#13 ·
thurston608 said:
yea, i am pumped for the big one case arc. and i agree, glenn close wouldnt choose to star in this unless it was quality. she usually does very well choosing roles.
Oh yeah, Mars Attacks and the Stepford Wives were huge winners. Just kiddin'. The show looks like F/X's second dog (behind Dirt) to me. But I'll definitely tune in for an epy or two.

#20 ·
Yes, he was telling us some "tales from the set" the other night. He said Glenn Close and Ted Danson have both been just super to the rest of the cast and crew.

My friend is not in the pilot episode (was not cast until after it was picked up), but will be in subsequent episodes.

#22 ·
Am I the only one who watched the pilot?

I thought it was a decent enough show to warrant watching a couple more at least. I will be curious to see how they can make this one case last the whole (short) season though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.