New DVR

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by lombar77, Jan 22, 2006.

1. lombar77

lombar77 New Member

Jan 22, 2006

Advertisements

Hello All,

I just had a quick question for everyone. I currently have a DirectTV Tivo unit with dual tuners, and 2 standard receivers. I was thinking about getting one of the new DVR units for the bedroom. Would I need to run an entirely seperately line from the Satellite to my bedroom or is there some way to split it from the single line I currently have there? Thanks for the help on this.

2. pianoboy000

pianoboy000 lovin' life

Apr 20, 2005
    UWS Manhattan
    you will need another dedicated line from the satellite in order to utilize the dual tuner feature on your possible new receiver

3. SeattleCarl

SeattleCarl New Member

Nov 10, 2005
    You don't have to run a line all the way from the satellite (22,000 miles or so).
    -
    But you DO need separate lines from your dish or multiswitch to each receiver or tuner. In your case what you are going to have to do is add a 4x8 or 5x8 multiswitch. Run all 4 lines from your dish to the inputs of the multiswitch, then run lines from the outputs of the multiswitch to all of your tuners and receivers.
    -
    Splitters will not work.
    -
    Carl

4. lombar77

lombar77 New Member

Jan 22, 2006
    So if I buy one of the units does the price include the cost of someone coming out to run another line? Thanks

5. loopykd

loopykd New Member

Jan 22, 2006

Advertisements

This is extra from DirecTV starting at $49.

6. no-blue-screen

no-blue-screen New Member

Feb 14, 2005
    Laurel, MD
    When I purchased an HR10-250 for Mom back in July, they came out and installed it for free. Even though she already had a Samsung SD DirecTivo on her account...which by the way was also installed free of charge. I am pretty sure if you call and order it through DirecTV, they will install it for free.

EDIT: Apparently....they charge for installation now....good luck

7. HogarthNH

HogarthNH DirecTV Addict

Dec 28, 2001
    Somewhere, OK
    ... which would not include the cost of running the line through an existing wall.
    fyi.