New Dead Like Me movie Sun night!!!!

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Schmye Bubbula, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula Member

Oct 14, 2004

Advertisements

(Cross-posted from Now Playing forum. Not a Season Pass show, but this sneaked-up on me and I wanted to get the word out to email subscribers.)

Yeee-haaa!

Dead Like Me: Life After Death

Release Year: 2009

A team of Grim Reapers begins to break the rules while adjusting to a new boss. Based on the television series.

SyFy channel, Sun 8/23 9:00-11:00pm

Cast

* Ellen Muth
    * Callum Blue
    * Britt McKillip
    * Henry Ian Cusick
    * Jasmine Guy
    * Cynthia Stevenson
    * Christine Willes
    * Sarah Wynter

* Directed by: Stephen Herek
    * Written by: Stephen Godchaux, John Masius

2. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    How was it? Normal Scifi movie dreck?

3. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    I believe I rented this from Amazon or Netflix earlier this year. I was always a fan of the series (I watched it's entirety a couple of times when when it was rerun on HDNet), and really looked forward to seeing this movie. Both Mandy Patinkin and Laura Harris (Rube, and Daisy, Daisy Adair) were missing, which to me was a letdown. Daisy was played by another actress. I was glad to see it. I don't know if I'd make the effort to see it again.

4. bengalfreak

bengalfreak Active Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Save yourself some time. This movie was awful. It wasn't made for SyFy, it was made for DVD.

5. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...

Advertisements

It was out months ago. Not quite up to par with the original series but if you were a fan of the original show it is worth a watch.

6. Sep 1, 2009 #6 of 13
    nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I LOVED the original show - and this movie was pretty awful...:(

7. travellover

travellover travellover

Mar 20, 2007
    rocky hill,...
    the new people were pretty stupid. bring back Laura harris the new actress was downright horrible. hope they don't try to remake the series witht he new actors. won't waste time recording that one.

8. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    Yeah, I watched it from Netflix DVD and really did not like it. I loved the series however.

9. Oct 8, 2010 #9 of 13
    Thom

Thom The Fatman's got his eye on you, kid

Jun 5, 2000
    Southern Calif.
    Dead Like Me movie is being broadcast on SciFi this Sunday, October 10, 2010. It is listed as Dead Like Me in my DirecTV guide info. No mention of the Life After Death subtitle.

10. wisny

wisny New Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Maine
    :up: I picked it via WL a couple weeks ago, along with (I think? can't remember now) a few DLM eps. I'm waiting to collect the rest of the series, then will watch them all, with the movie last. Loved the series, but I only have seen random odd eps here and there, I didn't see it while it was running (on Showtime?).

11. ronsch

ronsch Active Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Tallahassee,...
    I tried the Syfy version the last time they had it on and all the bleeps for language made it unwatchable. The DVD version is much more palatable if you were a fan of the series on Showtime.

12. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Wow. I was a huge fan of the series, but this was just wowerifically bad. I couldn't even get through it. :D

13. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    There were parts that were very good, such as George and Reggie. I also liked the ending. Dolores Herbig was very good as usual.

The rest... yeah, was pretty bad.