New Comcast DVR?

Discussion in 'HD Comcast TiVo DVR (Archive)' started by jsgray, Sep 18, 2011.

1. jsgray

jsgray New Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Has anyone experienced the Comcast system that has a DVR that can be viewed in different rooms. I hear you can only record in one room but can be watched in up to 2 other places with the right equipment:)

2. RainyCity4

RainyCity4 New Member

Jun 23, 2003
    It Rains A...
    I asked Comcast about that. It is called "AnyRoom DVR" and basically, it means that they supply you a DVR and a "remote receiving unit" to be placed at a different room.

Problem is that you are still stuck with only one DVR with two tuners, so if you wanted to record more than two shows at the same time, you need another DVR. :)

I went with two DVRs because my kids record ton of shows, so do I.

3. PrimeRisk

PrimeRisk TechnoGeek

Dec 16, 2002
    Denver, CO...
    I'm a DirecTV customer and I'm suffering the dreaded Tuner 2 failure in 3 of my 4 DirecTivos and have been looking around for an alternative to DirecTV. On the surface the AnyRoom DVR sounds interesting, however the functionality is pretty limited. It is effectively a dual-tuner DVR with the equivalent of a SlingBox built into it. It will support up to 3 "networked devices" to play back recorded programs to, but it provides no control over the DVR itself. If you want to watch live TV at any of the other TVs you'll have to have another receiver from Comcast. Last but not least, they will only allow 1 of the AnyDVRs units per account, so if you want any additional tuners or recording capacity you'll have to rent individual DVRs.

4. xclgreen

xclgreen New Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Comcast DVR is great.

5. PrimeRisk

PrimeRisk TechnoGeek

Dec 16, 2002
    Denver, CO...
    xclgreen: You have the AnyRoom DVR installed at home?