New Charter Lineup

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by donnoh, Sep 24, 2008.

1. donnoh

donnoh Member

Mar 7, 2008

Advertisements

I just got a mailer from Charter where they are adding a few more useless HD channels to my lineup and as a result are moving around 75 other channels just to F%$^ everyone up.
    How does Tivo handle these massive changes? For example is my season pass to NCIS going to get replaced by the Dog Food channel until I go in and change the pass or will they do it for me?

2. RonDawg

RonDawg Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Neither...
    As long as Charter notifies Tribune in a timely manner, your TiVo will handle the changes just fine. You will even get a message on your TiVo letting you know what the lineup changes are.

If the channels are simply being changed to a different channel number, again as long as Tribune is notified, your season passes should be fine, as they are tied to the network and not a particular channel number.

A problem could arise if for example a program is being moved to a different network, but that is beyond the control of TiVo and Tribune.

Another problem is if you are strictly on analog cable, and the channel in question is being moved to digital. You would have to get a digital box if you have a Series 1 or 2, and get CableCard(s) for Series 3/TiVoHD/XL models.

I live in the LA area and I have Charter, and while a bunch of HD channels were added, only a couple of existing ones had to be moved around. Everything else stayed right where they are.