New Channels TW Charlotte?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Iceback, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Iceback

Iceback New Member

Oct 11, 2006
    Charlotte NC
    Anyone decoding the new HD channels added to Time Warner Charlotte...
    282 TBSDH
    282 AETVHD
    284 MTVHD
    287 GOLFVS

I was told on the phone that their cable card memo stated that these channels added would not be made available to cable card customers, even though we are paying for the tier that they were added to. I was told to "rent a box" if I wanted them.

???

2. ncbagwell

ncbagwell New Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Cary, NC
    They are likely using SDV for these channels. Same thing is happening with TW in Raleigh for TBSHD, AETVHD and GOLFVSHD.

3. Jiffylush

Jiffylush New Member

Oct 31, 2006
    They are in my lineup and guide, haven't tried to watch them yet...

4. Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Damn Im having second thoughts about this tivo hd. I have time warner and I dont want to miss out on the new hd channels becuase there SDV. Maybe Il cancel my hd tivo :( I was told by one rep that I couldnt get tbs hd, but another said I could. Do they usually take these off of SDV after awhile so us cable card customers can get them?

5. SCSIRAID

SCSIRAID Active Member

Feb 2, 2003
    Vero Beach, FL
    The 'Tuning Resolver' USB Dongle is our only hope......

6. NetJunkie

NetJunkie New Member

Feb 19, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Yep, they are SDV. We can't view them.

7. Iceback

Iceback New Member

Oct 11, 2006
    Charlotte NC
    Thanks for the info.... I'm not really up on SDV, but I won't ask it here as I see there is about 2 weeks of reading already posted.

The thing that bugs me is that the new channels are in a tier I'm paying for. I don't know how they get around the legal issue of charging you for something that they provide to you only based on equipment on your end. Seems like I should get a partial credit back, as they aren't delivering all of the product. Hope this isn't a trend as I have a 60" Sony and the analog channels are not the reason I bought it and two cable card Tivos.