New Bolt+ fails to record some onepass shows--Tivo support no help

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by gpreston24, Oct 24, 2017.

1. gpreston24

gpreston24 New Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Have new Bolt+ with Spectrum/Time Warner Cable. All onepasses transferred over from Premiere Elite (except for a few with copyright issues). Some of these onepasses are failing to record. Example: daily evening news shows on both ABC and NBC. I can manually record them on an individual basis, but OnePass won't work. When the time comes for them to record, the box indications are normal, and show appears to be recording when looking at MyShows. However, if I try to watch the show while it's recording, it's completely blank. Further, when the show ends, it no longer appears on MyShows. Call center tech support no help.

Any of you guys have a suggestion?

2. sfhub

sfhub Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Did you re-pair the CableCARD? Do you need to do anything with a Tuning Adapter?

3. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006
    1P set to record and not stream?

4. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    I had problems with a lot of the 1Ps I tried to copy between Bolts using TiVo Online. Some worked, and some did not. Often the copied 1P would show up on the new box with some strange options. such as "bookmark only" that kept it from working. I could usually edit the 1P right there in the Online screen to fix it and then it would work fine.

There is also a known bug where SOME 1Ps set up with a keep limit of 1 will refuse to record at all, and the history says it is because the limit has already been reached. I record both Morning and evening news programs like this, and most work fine, but Sunday programs do not, and I have never figured out why. The solution there is to set limit at 2.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  5. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    If it’s recording the show but the recording is blank it’s indicative there is a problem with that channel and not necessarily the One Pass. Can you watch that channel live?

6. gpreston24

gpreston24 New Member

Jan 5, 2012
    No I didn't re-pair, but have to wonder why that would be necessary, since the cablecard worked find with my Premiere Elite. Time Warner provides a DTA, and it's part of my setup.

7. gpreston24

gpreston24 New Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Yes

8. gpreston24

gpreston24 New Member

Jan 5, 2012
    I think this has happened a couple of times in the History, but isn't the primary problem. In most cases where History says "Did not record", it also says No Signal. However, I know that's not always true, as I was able to see a signal actually present and set up a show to record on a one-time basis. It was really strange to look at My Shows and see that a program indicated it was recording, when there was actually nothing there. After the box finished attempting to record, that program was no longer listed in My Shows.

9. gpreston24

gpreston24 New Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Yes

10. gpreston24

gpreston24 New Member

Jan 5, 2012

Guys, thanks for your thoughtful suggestions.

I'm at Day 24 with my new Bolt, and decided to take advantage of the 30-day moneyback guarantee offered by the company. It was relatively painless to talk to the rep in the Phillipines call center, and they readily agreed to my request for a complete refund including the $99 paid to transfer lifetime service. I will just continue with my Premiere Elite unit for a while longer. After reading some of the negative Bolt reviews on Amazon, I did not want to risk some of the nightmares described there. Maybe the Bolt Vox will turn out to be a better system. But I will certainly wait until people have a chance to report on positive user experiences.

11. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006
    For comparison I have a Bolt+ and it has worked flawlessly since installed June 2017.