New Animaniacs on Hulu

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by hairyblue, Nov 19, 2020.

1. hairyblue

hairyblue A good Man

Feb 25, 2002
    Mobile, AL
  2. kdmorse

kdmorse Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 29, 2001
    Germantown, MD
  3. hairyblue

hairyblue A good Man

Feb 25, 2002
    Mobile, AL
    That is what I read. Nov 20 is the release date. I think it was 10 episodes.

4. hairyblue

hairyblue A good Man

Feb 25, 2002
    Mobile, AL
  5. redrouteone

redrouteone This Space for Lease TCF Club

Jun 16, 2001
    Austin, Texas

Advertisements

I just watched the first episode and it is pretty good.

6. Odds Bodkins

Odds Bodkins Doug's Dad

Jun 7, 2006
    3 in and loving

7. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Not there for me, I feel like some critics do that the Warner Siblings are too mean at times vs just silly, and I'm very ok with cartoon violence and the items around it.

8. doom1701

doom1701 Time for a new Title TCF Club

May 15, 2001
    Grand...
    We're two episodes in. It's good, but so far it's missing something for me--but I can't really put my finger on it. Part of it may be a lack of other characters; I was never the biggest Pinky and the Brain fan, and so far they're the only secondary stories. I also wonder if they'll have shorter bits, rather than just a Warners, P&B, and Warners layout to each episode.

9. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Could be that they had difficulty getting the rights to all of those side characters. Hulu is a Disney product. Warner Brothers is not owned by Disney (but by Time Warner).

10. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I think it was just the cost of bringing in all of the other voice actors. I thought I read that the showrunners said that if the new season was a success, they’d try to bring back some of the other characters.

Agatha Mystery likes this.
  11. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    Turns out they do deal with the "where are all the other supporting characters?" question, to a certain extent, in one episode.

12. austinsstuff

austinsstuff New Member

Monday
    Same here. I loved the meta humor in that episode.

13. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    Watched 3 episodes last night and while I'm enjoying it, it's missing something that the original had, but I don't know how to describe it, it just seems off in some way, almost like it's trying to hard.

I'm getting annoyed with the frequent we're back from the '90s and we missed 20 years that they keep referencing. One episode was fine but doing it in every one is tiresome.

I love Pinky and the Brain. They were always my favorite part of Animaniacs anyway.

I do with they had the other characters on, I miss Buttons and Mindy, Rita, and the rest.

14. doom1701

May 15, 2001
    Grand...
    We watched the third episode tonight, and you’re right—it’s missing something. But it also has too much of something—the segments are too long. The Pinky and the Brain segment in E3 went on at least 5 minutes too long. The original series would have edited everything a lot tighter, and used that time for at least two or three other small bits. Things like Good Idea/Bad Idea, or even just the Warner’s going “boingy boingy boingy” through the lot.

tim1724 likes this.
  15. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Animaniacs is a Warner Brothers Animation production. Rights to broadcast the series just happened to have been purchased by Hulu.

Think of it like the big three broadcast networks. Although ABC, CBS, and NBC all have television studios, not all of their shows originate from their own studios.

(I'll grant that with both the broadcast networks and the streaming services, it's become far more rare to have a studio produce a show for a network or a streaming service they don't own.)

tim1724 likes this.
  16. doom1701

May 15, 2001
    Grand...
    We watched episode 4 last night, and I'm even more convinced that someone needs to do a lot more editing work on this season. The first two segments went way too long, and the only one I really enjoyed was Bloopf (the final, and shortest, segment).

17. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Nowhere Special
    I laughed at the Dead Mau Five joke.

--Carlos "It's Deadmau5, Pinky" V.