Networking Help: Wired & Wireless can't see each other

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by wildmanD, Jan 26, 2006.

1. wildmanD

wildmanD LurkerExtraordinaire

Aug 24, 2001
    Northern...
    This has probably been covered before - I searched, but couldn't find anything.

I have 2 Series 2's connected to my network - both connect to the Tivo service just fine.

1 is connected via wired ethernet. The other is connected wirelessly through an Airport Express. I don't have a router, since I just moved into a "smart" neighborhood and the monolopy that provides my internet, phone and cable service also wired my house and provided me with a switch connected to the fiber-to-ethernet converter.

When my laptop is connected via a wired connection - I can see the laptop on my Tivo connected via ethernet.

When my laptop is connected wirelessly through the Airport Express - I can see the laptop on my Tivo connected wirelessly.

However - I can never see everything at one time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. wildmanD

wildmanD LurkerExtraordinaire

Aug 24, 2001
    Northern...
    I figured it out. I unchecked "Distribute IP addresses" on my Airport Express and now everything works fine. As I had it set up before, the Tivos were on different subnets.