Network SD-DVR40 with a WUSB11

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by MiHutch, Aug 31, 2007.

1. MiHutch

MiHutch New Member

Aug 30, 2007

Advertisements

I am having a problem networking my SD-DVR40 with software version 6.2a. I have tried to look everywhere for the answer.

I installed Instant Cake and PTVnet on a new hard drive. I installed the USB 2.0 drivers and everything went fine. I plugged in the Linksys WUSB11 Ver 2.6 network adapter and turn on the system. I get a green power light on the adapter. When I go to the settings menu I don't have a network menu, it only says "Phone". I have attempted to update the system with no luck.

I went back and selected not to load the USB 2.0 drivers, but now I don't get a green power light.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    The drivers that PTVnet loads are wired drivers not wireless. The drivers you need are already native to your tivo. Search around for superpatch. It's on the "other forum" that we can't link to from here. If you use the latest superpatch, it will enable a network setup screen. The menu will still only be labeled for phone, but when you select it, you'll get the appropriate options for TCP/IP and wireless settings. You will of course need bash access first to use superpatch, so you'll need to buy or build a serial cable, or get a compatible wired adapter for the initial setup.

3. MiHutch

MiHutch New Member

Aug 30, 2007
    I installed superpatch-6.2.tcl, but no luck. Has anyone got a WUSB11 to work on Tivo 6.2a or an SD-DVR40? I'm wondering if it will work.