Network archive

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jkbff, Dec 20, 2011.

1. jkbff

jkbff New Member

Dec 20, 2011
    North Dakota
    Ok so I have a Tivo Premiere, but this really isn't a premiere specific question ...

Is there a way to 'archive' my tivo automatically? Like say if the show is older than 5 days OR if I mark keep until I delete or something? I know Netgear's freenas has the ability, but I have a server running ubuntu that has 6TB of storage just sitting there... I am not worried about decoding the files or anything, all I want is something to transfer the recordings off and then display them back to the tivo as available to play or whatever from the sharing options... I'd really rather not buy another box to sit with my tivo just to expand the storage when I have all that storage just sitting here doing nothing.. I know I can do this in Tivo Desktop, somewhat, but like I said, I am runing ubuntu on the server...

Thanks in advanced for the replies.

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
  3. jkbff

jkbff New Member

Dec 20, 2011
    North Dakota
    So I'd still have to use pytivo for pushing the dumped recordings back to the tivo?

4. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Yep.

5. jkbff

jkbff New Member

Dec 20, 2011
    North Dakota
    I am looking for something that is either console based or web based, that can run on a headless server without a gui for the daemon.

6. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Both kmttg and pytivo will run on headless servers (console only), although for kmttg you would need the GUI to set up the initial transfer rules and such before running the background process version.