Netmask handling seems broken

Discussion in 'Developers Corner' started by bobdrad, Sep 10, 2007.

1. bobdrad

bobdrad New Member

Jul 18, 2007

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm new, so maybe I'm missing something, but I'm trying to run Galleon on Solaris, and it's not finding my Tivo on my home network. I turned on debug logging, and it says in log.txt that it's trying to broadcast to 172.16.0.255. Since my home network address is 172.16.0.0/16 (i.e. a netmask of 255.255.0.0) the correct broadcast address *should* be 172.16.255.255.

Is netmask handling broken? Is it assuming a Class C network (i.e. netmask 255.255.255.0)?

I don't see anything about this in the forums, so am wondering if I'm simply overlooking something.

I'm running version 2.4.1.

Is this the best Forum to post Galleon questions, or should I use galleon.tv?

Thanks,
    Bob

2. bobdrad

bobdrad New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Hmmm - this seems like the problem was isolated to the Test button, because when I went to ToGo my DVR showed up fine.

Now I have a different problem, however, when trying to use the Music app. When I try to play a song, I get:

com.tivo.hme.sdk.HmeException: flush failed: null
    at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Application.flush(Application.java:545)
    at com.tivo.hme.sdk.HmeObject.flush(HmeObject.java:457)
    at org.lnicholls.galleon.widget.MusicInfo$1.run(MusicInfo.java:229)

After this, even if I restart my server my Tivo reports that the server is not running.

Does this look familar? Is there any workaround?

Thanks,
    Bob

3. windracer

windracer No More TiVo :-(

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Try the latest version, 2.5.1.

I don't know if this is still a problem, but in the older releases I remember I had to disable IPv6 on my Linux box in order to get the binding/network stuff working correctly. I wonder if that's related to your netmask question?