Netgear fa120 help

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by shagnscooby, Apr 22, 2006.

1. shagnscooby

shagnscooby New Member

Apr 9, 2006

Advertisements

I have a series2 and the netgear fa120 adapter. when I hook up my tivo to my pc it says cable not connected. I down loaded the drivers for the fa120. I'm using a linksys router would this have any thing to do with it.

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    No, the brand of router does not matter. But you don't connect the TiVo to the PC - you connect the FA120 to the router. If you try connecting the FA120 directly to the PC you will get that error (unless you use a crossover cable.)

3. shagnscooby

shagnscooby New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    This is how I have it connected. I have the usb side of the FA120 pluged into my tivo and the wire from there into my router. Is this right?

4. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Yes, that's right. Where are you seeing the "cable not connected" message? Do the lights on the FA120 come on?

5. robbins

robbins No Stalkers Please

Aug 23, 2005

Advertisements

Yes, I can't imagine you seeing a cable not connected sign with that setup. Make sure that your Netgear has the USB plugged in to the Tivo and an ethernet cable plugged in to the other end of the FA120 which connects to the back of your Router. There are no drivers to load for the FA120, just make sure you have installed the Tivo software correctly.

6. Sirshagg

Sirshagg Member

Dec 26, 2001
    I hada bad FA120 and it behaved something like this. Does it actually get an IP address even though it sates the cable is disconnected. That is what mine did. I replaced it and all was good.