Netflix's 3% *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cheesesteak, Dec 14, 2016.

1. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...

Advertisements

Anybody else watch the Netflix original series 3%? It's like a Dollar Store version of The Hunger Games. A dystopian future where 20 year olds compete in The Process to reach the promised land - The Offshore. It's eight episodes. It's not great but it drew me in so much that I ended up bingeing it in two days. It's a Brazilian show so the dialogue is all Portuguese. Luckily, there's an English overdub available that isn't very noticeable, so you won't need the subtitles.

2. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    My wife and I liked it quite a bit. Obviously, they had a very limited budget, but I thought they did a great job each episode coming up with a compelling storyline. We watched it with the subtitles but that is never an issue for us.

3. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    just watched the first ep and really liked it....well acted and nice cinematography...

4. Timbeau

Timbeau Well-Known Member

May 31, 2002
    VT
    I just finished watching it, I thought the first few episodes were really good but the last couple weren't as good. Overall, very enjoyable. Thanks for the recommendation TCF.

5. Andrel

Andrel Member

Oct 19, 2000

Advertisements

Liked it. Found it a little slow at times but the story is good. The style is really different from what we are used to.

6. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    I am almost done with it, and it's pretty good. Whomever did the dubbing did a pretty good job. I didn't find it too noticeable,which was nice.

7. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    I liked it! Good concept, good acting and cinematography, and good suspense.

I did think it was lame how much Michele broke down in the second to last episode, she was being quite obvious.

I felt bad that Fernando failed the test he created. Ouch. He got suckered.

On Joanne's test, I thought for sure the right answer was going to be refusing to kill him, so I was surprised she failed. I don't think we've seen the last of her though.

I was not sad when the guy was crushed by the door. What an a-hole.

I think it is strange that essentially if you are part of the 3%, you don't get to raise your own kid, either you have one before the Process and abandon it or you are sterilized. I mean, a kid free world sound like paradise to me :D as it is interesting they are so focused on merit rather than bloodline, so everyone has to survive inland and pass the Process, but it's still odd to take so many of the best out of the breeding pool.

A second season may be hard on their budget, unless the offshore is also sparse in decor and they stay inside all the time.