Netflix wont play movies any suggestions?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ryansdadd, Jan 16, 2013.

1. ryansdadd

ryansdadd New Member

Feb 20, 2010

Advertisements

Ok so I purchased my parents a year of Netflix for their TiVo premier box for Christmas. They had it in the past and it worked fine. The problem is they must try 6-7 different titles to get just one to play. The rest goes to loading page and after a couple mins opens a window that says "We are having trouble playing this title right now. Please Try again later or select a different title".......I have ruled out network issues, I can stream movies on computer + wifi to iphone and ipad ....I have rebooted everything several times... cable modem, router, TiVo

I have tried removing Netflix under My Video Providers and connecting to TiVo service,reboot then adding Netflix back, connect to Tivo service -reboot but no luck :confused: took forever and I had to work in am so I gave up and went home...:(

Any suggestions or anyone else have this issue?

Thanks
    -mike

2. andrewket

andrewket Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Northern VA...
    I have the exact same problem. I can't can't get ANY titles to play. Netflix works great any other device on the same network.

3. buscuitboy

buscuitboy Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    Maybe you have tried this, but try to totally restart the TiVo. This has worked for me in the past for Hulu and Netflix on my Premiere. Might not work, but just a thought

4. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    How did you rule out networking issues? Tivos are especially sensitive to wireless interference that does not get picked up on other devices, but you do not say if this is through wired/wireless.