Netflix-to-DVR ?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by buckyswider, Apr 21, 2017.

1. buckyswider

buckyswider Member

Aug 31, 2003

Advertisements

Hey, I hate to sound like C.K. ("EVERYTHING'S AMAZING AND NOBODY'S HAPPY!), but I'm really frustrated watching netflix programs on the roamio (or mini). I like being able to see the progress/regress as i fast forward/rewind. Is there a way to download from netflix onto the roamio disk so I can watch it with the normal tivo functionality?

thanks!

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    No, but you can use the arrows to move forward or back and select to continue from that point.

3. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    PyTiVo and Bittorrent?

-KP

4. squiddohio

squiddohio Member

Dec 20, 2001
    Ohio
    That has annoyed me also, but when I recently got a "smart TV" (Sony) I found that the TV's built-in app (android) shows a preview screen for FF in Netflix (I think for Amazon, also). It's processor is faster than that in the TiVo, so perhaps this feature is a function of the limitations of hardware.

5. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland

Advertisements

Down arrow lets you see progress without pausing.

6. squiddohio

squiddohio Member

Dec 20, 2001
    Ohio
    "Down arrow lets you see progress without pausing." So does the UP arrow (usually).

7. Wil

Wil Unknown Member

Sep 26, 2002
    I know several people who basically use their streaming sources as "What's on TV tonight?" and once they've found something they want to watch: it's off to magical means. They will not stream.

They will not stream.