Netflix SD Picture distorted

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by wilfried, Dec 9, 2008.

1. wilfried

wilfried Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Seattle

Advertisements

So I tried Netflix and it doesn't work very well at all....
    I can't play any SD movies/shows. The picture is skewed, see the photo below. Only HS movies/shows works fine (not mentioning the audio sync issue on some).

I tried changing my TiVo output settings to native, 720p fixed and 1080i fixed, the picture was still distorted.

Also accessing the VOD screen only works once in a while, it says there was a problem and to connect to the TiVo service. TiVo gets a good connection, 90% and never looses it. Connecting resolves the VOD screen access for a while only.

:(
    [​IMG]
    IMG_0073.jpg

2. Adam1115

Adam1115 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Denver ish
    It looks like maybe you have your TiVo set for native mode and your TV doesn't support whichever resolution it is switching into?

3. stevehogan

stevehogan New Member

Dec 30, 2006
    FWIW, I have my Tivo and Plasma set for 720p. When I first went to Netflix, I found that whatever aspect ration I had set when in regular mode carried over to the Netflix. Perhaps that is what is going on?

4. wilfried

wilfried Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Seattle
    My TV supports everything from SD to 1080p.

I've tried all the video settings in TiVo, from Native and 720p fixed to 1080i fixed and that did not change anything.....

I don't think it's a resolution problem, if it was the case, I would t get a black screen and no picture at all.
    HD stuff works fine too so....