Netflix Problems - Black Screens, Won't Play

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Keith Elkin, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Keith Elkin

Keith Elkin Member

Oct 15, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    For the past month I've been having weird issues trying to play Netflix titles on my Tivo, especially titles which I started to watch previously and wanted to resume playing. I'll select the resume playing option and the screen will turn black, the retrieving indicator appears with the pause logo, then the scree turns black and nothing happens. I can wait several minutes and it doesn't change. If I press the play button on my remote, the play indicator appears and still nothing happens. If I press rewind, then the thumbnail version of the title appears. If I press play again, THEN it'll resume playing the title normally. Another option is to just left-arrow out to the Netflix menu and try playing again. Doing this once or twice eventually results in it working.

I never had this problem before, now I have it on both of my premier units. I have done a hard reset and still nothing. Anyone else have this problem?
    -Keith

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Yes I've seen this a lot more recently. Usually I just press FF for a couple of seconds until I see a thumbnail and then let it resume play and then the black screen goes away. Once it gets going it's OK for the duration.

3. mistakite

mistakite New Member

Nov 13, 2010
    I see this from time to time (not sure when it started), I usually just hit "left" then reload and it works.