Netflix Problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by daxem, Aug 10, 2011.

1. daxem

daxem New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    NC
    I have 2 Premieres and 1 HDXL. Netflix locks up both the Premieres (takes forever to load and once I can get something playing the premiere locks and needs to be rebooted) but works fine on the HDXL. Is anyone else seeing this issue? I should also let you know that this problem has existed since January/February I just ignored it and used my XBOX for Netflix.

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I know Netflix streaming was having issues recently. Although i have no idea if it had any effect on the TiVo.

3. DaveWhittle

DaveWhittle Member

Jul 24, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    I was have Netflix problems over the last week or so. Every time I launched Netflix on the Premiere, it would give me an error message screen saying the service wasn't available, even though there were no other internet-related issues on the Premiere. YouTube was working fine, and Netflix was working on other devices.

Last night I re-booted the TiVo by removing and re-inserting the power cable, and it seems to have cleared up the issue. I know this isn't the same as the OP's problem, but maybe might help someone else.

4. divinguy

divinguy New Member

Jul 7, 2009
    I'm having the same issue. HD Tivo works like a charm, but the Premiere is locking up/lagging out when I try to access Netflix, or the Video on Demand menu.

Power cycled the network and the Tivo. No luck.

Anyone else seeing this?

5. dkraft

dkraft Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Used Netflix last night at 8.00pm EST for about 2 hours. No issues.

6. dsnotgood

dsnotgood Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I had a similar issue. Here is what I did. I removed the tivo from netflix online. I then removed the netflix info from my tivo box. Restarted tivo box. Added netflix information back into tivo and activatedonline on netflix and no problems since.

7. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I tried streaming a movie yesterday. It didn't take any longer to start than usual, but I kept getting 'retrieving' pauses. I reported it to Netflix.
    Usually, I get 1 pause at the begining, with a reduction in quality, and then there are no other issues.

I suppose it could have been an issue with my ISP, but that is rare.

8. mijohnst

mijohnst New Member

Mar 13, 2003
    One of the main reasons that I upgraded to the Premiere was so I could use Netflix. It is the biggest piece of crap software on the box. I can't tell you how many times it looses connection to the Internet and the my Tivo reboots. It's been almost a year and the Netflix software is not been updated... Tivo should pull Netflix out of it's advertisements as a selling point because if I'd had a chance to play with it before I bought it, I would have stuck with my Series 2.

9. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I had pausing and jumping problems tonight and I switched over to my Sony bluray and it streamed perfectly. I often wonder if TiVo restricts itself to a small list of servers whereas the other guys load level against a much larger list.

10. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I haven't been using my TiVos for Netflix since getting my Roku2 a month ago but when I was using Netflix on my TiVos it was rock solid. And when other hardware was having Netflix streaming issues, I could still stream from my TiVos with no problems.
    Netflix on my TiVos has been rock solid for me. Even from my girlfriends S3 boxes and her slow 1.25Mbps DSL connection, even hers is rock solid.(of course her speed is only fast enough for SD)

11. premiereman

premiereman New Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I haven't had any problems with Netflix streaming on my TiVo's. Both are using wireless G adapters and stream HD without any hiccups. I do agree with mijohnst, the interface needs major revamping. It's pretty much useless if you don't have an iPad or computer nearby to browse and add things you want to watch.

12. mulfman1

mulfman1 New Member

Dec 7, 2003
    I have 2 issues, one many have reported where it starts retrieve and movie and nothing displays. Normally I correct that by going back and restarting Netflix. My other issue is that non-HD movies are always displayed in 4:3 even though my Tivo etc is setup for 16:9. People looked all scrunched up. It was not first like this but after 2 months it changed and people at tivo and netflix tell me that is how it should work. Is this the case or am I missing a setting? A movie to try is Alice in Wonderland. On computer 16:9, tivo 4:3 w/ scrunched up people