Netflix not connecting after power supply replacement

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by JTC, Oct 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Oct 5, 2017 #1 of 10
    JTC

JTC New Member

Jun 15, 2017

Advertisements

I recently replaced the power supply in our Tivo HD Series 3, and everything seems to be working normally again except for Netflix. Netflix appears as an option on the home screen and the Now Playing screen, but if I click it, I get the gray "Please wait" screen for a fraction of a second, and then it returns to home (or Now Playing).

I've restarted, rebooted by unplugging, and restarted the router. I tried signing out my devices via my Netflix account on the computer -- I know it worked, because it signed me out on my iPad, but I can't get the option to sign in through the Tivo.

Anyone have any other ideas?

2. Oct 5, 2017 #2 of 10
    ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Make a Tivo Connection (Settings, Network.)

3. Oct 5, 2017 #3 of 10
    JTC

JTC New Member

Jun 15, 2017
    Do you mean Messages & Settings > Settings > Phone & Network > Connect? If so, I've tried that as well.

4. Oct 5, 2017 #4 of 10
    ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Yes, it should allow it connect after.

5. Oct 5, 2017 #5 of 10
    JTC

JTC New Member

Jun 15, 2017

Advertisements

Unfortunately, that didn't work either. Everything seems to work except the ability to connect to Netflix.

6. Oct 5, 2017 #6 of 10
    dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
  7. Oct 5, 2017 #7 of 10
    JTC

JTC New Member

Jun 15, 2017
    When I go to Messages & Settings > Account & System Info, there's no Netflix Account Info option on that page.

8. Oct 6, 2017 #8 of 10
    JTC

JTC New Member

Jun 15, 2017
    Update: This morning, it just started working again. I tried to connect and it asked for the activation code, so now I'm all set. I didn't do anything to make it happen, that I'm aware of, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Thanks for your help!

9. Oct 7, 2017 #9 of 10
    HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Glad that you were able to get it working again. There had been reports by others in the past that they had also seen some issues getting Netflix working after imaging with the S3/HD and I wasn't sure if that had been resolved or not.

Scott

10. mayweb

mayweb Member

Dec 16, 2002
    I am having the same issue all ALL of my S3 Tivos. Just noticed it this evening when my son went to watch Netflix on one unit. Something must be blocking the communication to the the Netflix server. Very odd as I never had this issue prior. I have other ways to watch Netflix so not overly concerned at the moment and I try some basic PD as time permits.

The Tivo produced troubleshooting article for Series 3's linked above in this thread was updated in the last couple of weeks indicating people could experience this issue and they are working with Netflix to fix it.... It goes on to point to a Tivo menu item to decouple the Tivo from the Netflix account that does NOT exist. That's not good. I'll reboot my home network tomorrow. I really do not want to deactivate all my Netflix devices to troubleshoot this but I may have to. I wish Netflix would give you a list of active devices so you could selectively remove the Series 3 Tivos for troubleshooting.

Thus far I have rebooted my entire network and also toggled the router DNS settings from OpenDNS back to Optimum defaults with no positive results. Trying not to have to deactivate all Netflix devices. I may open up a cell phone as a mobile hotspot next and tie it to a wireless Tivo adapter to see if one of my S3s will connect via that method to Netflix.

Using a cell phone as a hot spot (with wireless LAN turned off) yields same result. So will have to warm up to deativating all my S3 devices as last test. I hate to break what is working to fix a Netflix path that I don't really need... but the techie in me wants to know what the deal is! It is looking like something at Netflix rejecting the initial connection for whatever reason.

Waited til Monday at about 3pm EDT right after a one hour power failure that took all of my Tivo S3's down and rebooted them. 2 of the 3 production units presented me with the menu to activate Netflix on Netflix gui selection which then generated a code. The 3rd unit went right in to Netflix and did not need to be reactivated. So there was something going on at Netflix database with regards to Tivo S3's that was subsequently corrected. I am happy happy not having to deactivate all of my Netflix devices to debug this which may not even have worked if a DB as being updated and/or just down.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017