Netflix missing from TiVo Premier XL4 and Mini

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by chrise2, Oct 30, 2015.

1. chrise2

chrise2 New Member

Sep 30, 2009
    So I just got a new TiVo Mini. It says on the box it can do Netflix. I can't see how to access this. I see all sorts of stuff like Amazon and Spotify. I think I'm on the latest firmware. I don't see it on my PRemier XL4 or TiVo mini.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If Netflix is not listed as a Video Provider, call TiVo. Or go to their support site and use chat. Have the TSN handy.

3. Peter G

Peter G Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Mini takes its video providers from the host DVR. Does your Premiere XL4 show Netflix as a provider? If not you need to add by going to settings/channels/video providers and add it.

I recently added Hulu as a provider - it did not show on the Mini until I reset the Mini, then it was was there.

Peter G

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    How long has the Tivo been activated? Give it at least 24 hrs and/or a reboot.

5. apsarkis

apsarkis Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Tillson, NY
    I'm not sure it's related to your problem, but right now my minis (and Roamio) can't even connect to the Tivo servers, getting the error: C17.
    Meanwhile, status.tivo.com claims "All Systems Operational"

6. snerd

snerd Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2008
    online.tivo.com gives me only a blank page

7. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    I don't know why they bother providing status.tivo.com. :(

8. jeffinva

jeffinva New Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Same problem here this AM.

9. apsarkis

apsarkis Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Tillson, NY
    Maybe because Tivo phone support doesn't wake up on Saturdays until 11am EDT :(

My minis can connect now, but still get a C501 (... contact Tivo Support) when I try "What to Watch Now"

After talking to support, and power-cycle all (Roamio Pro/Mini) boxes, things seem to be resolved.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  10. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    It's ridiculous that power-cycling should be needed to clear such problems! I would love to hear the technical details behind that.