Netflix help

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Loufan, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Loufan

Loufan New Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Sorry if something similar has been posted i tried searching but couldn't find anything. I'm new to the forum so I hope this is the right forum....

Anyway I have a TiVo Premier (45 hours) that I've had for 2 years this Christmas. No other major problems besides the Netflix app isnt working so well on my TiVo.

So what's going on is when I play a video it'll say cant play this video right now try again later. Eventually if I keep hitting play (usually 5 or so error messages later the video will start working just fine. It just takes 5-10 minutes each time I want to play a video which sucks.

So before the new major update a few month ago I never had a single problem. Vids would play perfect and almost instantly without any sort of error message.

So I called Tivo and Netflix. They each tell me to uninstall the app/ reset my router, unplug my wireless adapter and try it. It never works.
    Then they both blame eachother and I end up having no solutions to the problem.

Netflix did mention once my streaming speed was slow, but i actually upgraded to 10.0 from 5 way before the switch so that shouldn't be a problem. Plus Hulu & Amazon On Demand is really fast. (btw streaming on my ps3 in my same room works fine) but I don't really have the option on using the ps3 at all times because it's my roomate's. Plus I shouldn't have to because I have a TiVo!

So I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any similar issues or suggestions to how to fix this?
    This sounds like a Netflix problem to me since it's their app and everything else is fine but they aren't helpful.

Sorry this is so long.
    Thanks.