Netflix Going Away on Series 3 Starting 1/2/2020

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by FiosUser, Dec 1, 2019.

1. FiosUser

FiosUser Member

Nov 16, 2007
    My Series 3 HD XL just alerted me that the Netflix app will be removed starting on 1/2/2020 and that I can purchase a Bolt refurb for $50 off.

I'm wondering if this transfers my lifetime with it, or are they saying I can use the Bolt to stream Netflix, but that I still use my Series 3 for everything else...

TiVo is closed right now, maybe someone up late tonight has an idea here...

Night owls, what say you? Do you think TiVo is asking me to use both my Series 3 and Bolt, or transfer my lifetime to the Bolt, or to buy the Bolt but then have to re-buy a lifetime or monthly on top of it?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Netflix is already gone from my S3. The link no longer works.

Youtube was gone long before that.

3. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    A. yes
    B. no
    C. yes

4. bobdec01

bobdec01 Member

Jan 20, 2011
    +1 on above called customer service today.. No credit or swap capability on the Series 3 HD lifetime service. The Bolt will require new service at the current rates ($14 something per M/ 114$ something a year / or 500$++ something all-in one). What you get you get is a "Renewed Bolt 500 w/remote for $119.99

5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    TiVo has had a number of special deals over the past 4 years which either allowed you to transfer your lifetime service on an older S3/HD model to a new TiVo for $99 or in a few cases purchase a new TiVo with All-in/Lifetime service and pay only $99 for the service (we purchased our Roamio Pro with the latter on a long time TiVo user deal in 2015 for example).

You could wait and see if they have another special.

Scott