Netflix down again?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by wmhjr, Mar 19, 2011.

1. wmhjr

wmhjr Guest

Dec 1, 2007

Advertisements

Anybody else having issues with Netflix as of today? Was working last night. Now it's been down for at least 6 hours AFAIK. Not surprised, but....

2. pediddle

pediddle New Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Seattle,...
    "Unexpected error" on Netflix for the first time ever. Glad it's not just me, I won't have to debug my network.

3. eaglestvo

eaglestvo Member

Dec 27, 2008
    I got the unexpected error and then a message that there was a problem with the activation code. Then I had to go to the web page and enter the code. My HD box has been activated for nettles for a couple years.

4. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Me too. But it cleared up after I finally rebooted the TiVo. Netflix support wanted me to reboot my router but I didn't. I also don't remember seeing that particular message before. I wonder if it was added in the 11.0k update?

5. wmhjr

wmhjr Guest

Dec 1, 2007

Advertisements

OK, so at least I know it's not just me. I typically hate rebooting the da*&a Tivo because it takes SO FRIGGIN LONG. You have to do it when there is no chance of a scheduled recording within an hour to be safe. I'll do it first thing in the AM. Gotta love the continued (un)reliability.

6. restart88

restart88 New Member

Mar 9, 2002
    St....
    I had that come up last night so I just switched over to the Roku and it worked just fine.

That's my 1 problem with the various stream media being on Tivo. Seems like it takes forever to reboot. On those few occasions I ever need a reboot on Roku (haven't yet since I changed from wireless G to N) it just takes a minute.

7. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    I, too, had weirdness from NetFlix last night. It wasn't down, but some programs in my instant queue showed on the TiVo to be only available by DVD now (but online they were still shown as available for streaming) - others played fine. This morning, all programs in the instant queue look normal again. I also had several times last night when the streaming quality was dynamically adjusted down during the prime time hours.

NetFlix does have a lot of problems, but they certainly are not unique to the TiVo. They want their customers to get more videos streaming now instead of mail, but their service sux, and they really do not want any meaningful feedback from the customer, just a regular payment.

8. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Everyone seeing this new message should have called Netflix support. I bet their system isn't even aware there was a problem. Complaining is probably the only way to make them aware of it, and if only a few people complain they justifiably ignore it.

It is also easy to suspect they really don't care a lot about complaints from TiVo users other than the one complaint that hurts them: cancelling service.

9. turbobuick86

turbobuick86 Member

May 2, 2002
    I called Netflix last night and the prerecording said they were experiencing some issues so I didn't wait to talk to anyone. I could watch via PC, TiVo, and Xbox, but not Roku(unexpected error). Evidently their outages are sporatic and affect components differently.

10. motorcycle_rider

motorcycle_rider New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Michigan
    I was having the issue last night myself on my Tivo, PS3 and WII. It seems to be working fine so far now. I have only tried the Tivo and not the others as of yet.

11. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Netflix is completely down for me. And I don't mean just on TiVo. The entire site is down.

12. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Ditto. I've never seen this before.

13. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    Been watching Battlestar Galactica for the past couple of hours. I did have it rebuffer once (which is very unusual for me) around 4:55 pm. It was so unusual I took the effort to see what time it occurred! Starting the next episode now...

14. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    My queue is back, but I can't type in the Search field (on the website).

15. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    It's OK for me now but this afternoon between 4 and 5 pm Eastern time, while watching a movie, it jumped out to the NPL and Netflix was missing. I started a TiVo connect (the usual solution for missing-from-NPL) and after a few minutes was able to resume the movie. (????) I checked Internet on a PC when this happened and saw no problem.

Are these issues a Netflix server problem, or could they be unintended consequences of the Netflix fix that was in TiVo software 11.0k?

16. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Apparently as a result of calling them, I received an email with a link to click that gives me a credit of 3% of $7.99 on my next billing. I say "apparently" because the email is so generic it doesn't give a date or video title or anything to pin down which "incident" it resulted from.

So...if 24 cents justifies five minutes of your time, I guess you could call them 33 times each month and get Netflix free! :rolleyes: That is if you value your tiime at $2.88/hr. I'm retired so .... maybe!

17. jakerock

jakerock Hey ho howdy!

Dec 9, 2002
    Lee, NH
    You don't need to call them. I got the same email. I think they sent it out to everyone. I wasn't even trying to use Netflix when they had the issue.

18. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    Same here. Not only the Netflix site via TiVO, but it was unavailable thru any of the Netflix apps. The only app that addressed the issue was something called "iQueue" - the other (free) apps sites had nothing.

19. berkshires

berkshires New Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Hi, I had this problem last night and tonight. I just now unplugged the TiVoHD and replugged it and the problem has cleared up.

The only thing unusual recently was having to do the power cycle to my router a couple days ago when I was having internet connection issues.

20. drcos

drcos HD where available

Jul 20, 2001
    Venice FL
    I still fail to understand [Loading...] why Netflix streams to the [Loading...] TiVo. The box has the capability to store [Loading...] the entire program in an encrypted state, so why not download the entire program to avoid all the problems?