Netflix disappeared

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by MighTiVo, Sep 12, 2011.

1. MighTiVo

MighTiVo TiVotarian

Oct 26, 2000
    Nashville, TN
    All my family calls on me when they need TiVo help, imagine my surprise when a family member called to ask about Netflix not being on their now playing list or in the Find TV, movies, and video list then when I pulled up my TiVo to walk them through trouble shooting, mine was gone too.

Interestingly when I went to Find -> browse->available from, Netflix was there. But choosing Netflix did nothing or popped back into main menu.

We both had the same issue/resolution, so here it is in case it helps you.

We went to Settings and Messages ->Settings->channels-> video provider list

but the list was empty!

We exited the menu and came back several times and it finally showed our our selection. Just in case it helped we unselected Netflix and selected it back, but that may have not been necessary. When we returned to Now Playing and search Netflix, was back and the available from icon worked.

2. MighTiVo

MighTiVo TiVotarian

Oct 26, 2000
    Nashville, TN
  3. javabird

javabird Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    Interestingly, I just cancelled my Netflix account, and even though I've DE-selected it to show in the Now playing list, it is still there.

4. kbschmude

kbschmude New Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Thank you very much for this post. We spent the last 2 days wondering what was wrong. Netflix used to be under "Find Tv, movies & videos" but it disappeared a couple days ago. Netflix would show up when I did a search for a show but when I clicked on the Netflix icon, it would just return to the menu. I went to "settings and messages" then "settings" , "channels", "video provider list", and Netflix was already checked. I unchecked it, backed out of the menu, went back in and re-checked the box. When I returned to "find tv, movies & videos" Netflix was there! Everything works fine, including playing Netflix shows from a search. Thanks again! :up:

5. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    I followed your instructions with the same results and now Netflix, Hulu and Blockbuster (I had lost them all) are back.
    Thank you!

6. misterjim

misterjim New Member

Jul 6, 2012
    I too have lost Netflix from my Tivo HD's Now Playing list, but I can't follow the instructions in this thread. I don't have a "video providers" entry in settings-->channels. All I have is channels. Any suggestions? It takes forever to get to Netflix through the Video On Demand menu.

7. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Reboot your Tivo (unless you've already tried that).

Navigate to Netflix via the VOD menus and make sure the option to show Netflix in the NPL is enabled. If it's already enabled, disable it, and then re-enable it.

That's all I got. :(

Edit: Just thought of something else though it may not have any effect. Go to your online Netflix account and deactivate all of your devices. Reactivate your Tivo.