Netflix content from Search with 14.8.U2

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by orangeboy, May 24, 2011.

1. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    It appears that some Netflix movie titles selected, using Search, results in a generic Netflix screen with "Program" at the top, "()" as the description, and "Image Unavailable" where the artwork would normally be.

Titles I've tried and were unable to play:
    10 (1979)
    10 Rillington Place (1971)
    100 Feet (2008)
    100 Girls (2000)
    100 Rifles (1969)

Titles that worked:
    10 to Midnight (1983)
    101 Reykjavik (2000)
    10:30 P.M. Summer (1966)

It seems that those titles with the generic Netflix screen have been logically disconnected with their streams. Can someone confirm that it's not just something with my account?

2. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    There seems to be a problem right now with Universal search showing things that aren't available for streaming. The other night on my TivoHD it showed "Scream," which isn't available for streaming until 6/1. I just looked up "100 Girls" and it isn't available for streaming on Netflix's website. Basically, I think this must be a mistake for Tivo/Netflix (whichever makes the list for Search), but not an actual streaming issue (as there are not streams).

3. Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    I actually got this a few days ago while on 14.7.

4. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    I will double check some tonight to see if it is still a problem. If so I will add them and any others to my thread in my sig, and maybe we can get TiVo Stephen to look into them.

5. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    I sent a message on Twitter to tivodesign and she has already responded that she will look into it. I don't think it is an issue with the platform, but just with the database of actually available titles.

6. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    Additional info: All titles I have issue with on the Premiere display correctly on my Series 3 when using TiVo Search (Beta). However, they still won't actually play. So it seems there's a couple of problems at hand:
    • premature release of titles in the database before they are available, and
    • getting proper descriptions when using Premiere.

7. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    It seems to be fixed for me. Also, TivoDesign said that it was supposed to be fixed 3 days ago.