Netflix bounces me out

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by turbobuick86, Oct 28, 2011.

1. turbobuick86

turbobuick86 Member

May 2, 2002
    Not often, but it's very odd and obviously disrupts viewing. Can be watching any show and suddenly I get the VOD menu screen. There isn't a single button/action that can get from viewing Netflix to that screen. There's no hiccup with the connection, no hesitation watching the program, it can be in HD or not, just one second viewing Netflix and the next second is the VOD menu.

Right now this occurs about once a week. Been happening a few months that I can recall. Happened tonight while watching an episode of The Wonder Years.

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    I've had the same thing and also very infrequently. My hunch is this replaced the complete lockup that used to occur but was fixed in a recent software update (for Series 3 anyway). At least it remembers your seek position when you restart it -- much better than a lockup.

3. turbobuick86

turbobuick86 Member

May 2, 2002
    Hey dlfl, matter of fact, when I restarted Wonder Years, it did NOT remember last position and I had to fast foward through most of the show. Maybe I was close enough to the end that it considered it finished. Not sure if previous occurences were the same. I will have to start taking better notes, but would prefer this issue to just go away. ;)

4. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    This happens to me on occasion. It doesn't happen often enough that I have ever mentioned it. Sometimes it hiccups when I watch on my PC too.

5. turbobuick86

turbobuick86 Member

May 2, 2002
    Thanks guys, nice to know it's not just me and my TiVo probably isn't dieing or anything. Misery loves company.

6. Nov 3, 2011 #6 of 19
    LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    I just got bounced out for the first time ever, 126 minutes into a 138 minute movie.

It brought me to the vod menu as well, but had this error message on top of it that looked like it was having problems it self.

[​IMG]

7. Nov 4, 2011 #7 of 19
    turbobuick86

turbobuick86 Member

May 2, 2002
    Interesting, can't say I've ever seen that screen. Were you able to restart Netflix immediately?

8. Nov 5, 2011 #8 of 19
    LoREvanescence

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    yeah, cleared it, went back into netflix, clicked on the movie and it resumed.

9. Nov 5, 2011 #9 of 19
    aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I have never seen my Tivo refer to anything as an "app"

10. Dpordy99

Dpordy99 Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Yeah Netflix sometimes gives me strange error messages but if I try again it works like 100% of the time

11. turbobuick86

turbobuick86 Member

May 2, 2002
    Got bounced from Netflix 3x in the last 2 days. No error messages. Hope this isn't going to keep happening. I can watch Netflix with other components, just would prefer to watch with Tivo.

Instead of bouncing to VOD screen, I'm now getting all the way out to live TV. When I go back I can resume where I was before being interrupted.

TIVO HD series 3 with extender.

12. jpcamaro70

jpcamaro70 Member

Nov 23, 2011
    I got bounced out the other day as well, but like turbo, I went right back to tv.

13. pankajrocks

pankajrocks New Member

Dec 20, 2011
    I am also facing same thing don't know how to fix this... :(

14. LoREvanescence

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    I was watching episodes of prison break all day yesterday.

3 times during the day in the middle of the episode the screen went black with a please wait (the blue icon with the clock), then a moment later went to live tv.

15. hengst2404

hengst2404 New Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Culver City, CA
    I was getting the app error from within netflix, where I could basically look at my movies, select them, but when I hit play I got an error message. I said something to the Tivodesign Twitter account, they asked for my tivo account number and info and a few hours later it worked. Not sure if it resolved itself or if they did something.

16. LoREvanescence

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    I have been bounced out a couple times again, but what seems to be happening more often is the video is just black, and no audio. But the progress bar seems to be moving. I have to fast forward or rewind to get the video and audio to show up.

17. turbobuick86

turbobuick86 Member

May 2, 2002
    Tried watching the original classic True Grit last night on Netflix. Got bounced out to live TV 3x in the first 90 minutes. Each time the screen would go blank for 2-3 seconds, then to live TV. It remembered where it left just as though someone had hit the "live TV" button on the remote.

Had to finish watching the movie with Xbox360 with zero issues. Seems this issue with Tivo/Netflix is getting worse here. I'm currently hard wired with Verizon fios, so not a connection issue.

18. azmike57

azmike57 New Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    This seems to be happening more frequently for me also, last night as I was watching Star Trek Voyager.

19. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Well at least a new Netflix app(created by Netflix) on the Premieres is supposed to be out by the end of the month. Maybe that will eliminate these issues?