Netflix audio drops after retrieving (Rewind/FastForward)

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by jonny_ns, Jun 4, 2011.

1. jonny_ns

jonny_ns New Member

Feb 13, 2003
    Raleigh, NC
    Premier (14.8.U2) -> HDMI -> Denon 2310

Since the latest update, I've been experiencing an issue where the audio drops out from a Netflix stream after using Fast Forward, Rewind or Replay. That is, it occurs after the "Retrieving..." prompt is displayed. Pause and Play works as before. The audio can be restored by changing the receiver's sound mode. It's probably a HDMI sync thing, but I really don't know.

This is a recent behavior. I watch Netflix about as much as recorded content and I didn't notice the behavior prior to the most recent update. Audio works correctly in all the other Tivo functions that I use: recorded and buffered play, Hulu Plus, streaming from my computer with streambaby.

Come on, Tivo. I really don't want to have to spend $100 on a Roku. :)

2. jonny_ns

jonny_ns New Member

Feb 13, 2003
    Raleigh, NC
    Just a quick update. I'm still having the problem and I need to amend my previous post. Audio is NOT working correctly in Hulu or on downloaded video podcasts. It's the same issue: Audio drops out after trick play and can be recovered when I change the sound mode or switch components on the receiver. It looks like a problem that was introduced with 14.8.U2.

Anyone out there seeing this?

3. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Call up Tivo.