Netflix app not retaining place in paused show after turning off tv and resuming next day

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by linkysys, Dec 4, 2020.

1. linkysys

linkysys New Member

Dec 4, 2020

Advertisements

The Netflix app (v 8.0.0 build 3642) on the Tivo Stream 4k is advancing shows even after it is paused and shut down. The next time I attempt to resume a show, it has advanced, sometimes more than one episode. The episodes on the list show a solid bar as if they have been fully watched. I have had entire series complete over night and appear in my "watch again list". This is not due to other account holders. If I shut off the TV for one minute, and then try resuming the same show, it will have noticeably advanced.

Another odd thing I have noticed is that the on/off button on the TS4k remote will restart a Netflix show which has been paused. I can see this behavior just before the TV turns off. I suspect the on/off button is simultaneously turning off the tv and restarting the Netflix show on the TS4k. Has anyone else experienced this?

From the TS4k "About" menu--
    Version: 9
    Android security patch level: September 5, 2020
    Kernel version:
    #1 Fri Oct 30 14:33:07 CST 2020
    Build:
    PI.5063 release-keys
    Tivo Stream 4k SW Version: V9.0-4.2.0

I attempted to deleted the cache in the app, force stop, the whole nine yards. I also went on Google Play and uninstalled/reinstalled the app. I unplugged the Tivo Stream 4k and did a cold reboot. I attempted resetting the remote back to defaults and repairing it. (It is also paired to a Samsung UN65HU9000 TV and works correctly.) I am assuming that having the on/off button mapped to play/resume on the Netflix app is a bug. Only the select button in the center of the ring should be able to control pause/play.

I did not have this issue previously. One day the remote stopped working, possibly after a firmware update. After repairing, I have experienced this issue. I did find at least one other user with the same issue:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020