1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix and Amazon Video Intermittently Not Working

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by elprice7345, Jun 14, 2018.

1. elprice7345

elprice7345 Member TCF Club

Sep 28, 2009
    Denver, CO
    I’m having intermittent issues with Netflix and Amazon Video not working on both of my TiVo Bolts.

Today when I was trying to play video from Netflix, I get the following error:
    Netflix-Error1.JPG
    When I click more details, I get the following:
    Netflix-Error2.JPG

The error seems to be saying 1 of 3 Netflix servers are down, but I’m connected to the internet with connection speed of 35.5Mbps.

Amazon gives me the following error:
    Amazon.JPG

This happens on both of my TiVo Bolts. Both are hardwired ethernet and I have a 400Mbps internet connection that was up when this was happening.

Amazon and Netflix work on other devices (laptops, PCs, iPads, iPhones) on our home network.

This has happened multiple times before, but seems to get better and works for a while, then the problem reoccurs.

Anyone else seeing this?

Any suggestions for fixes and/or troubleshooting?

2. Voting

Voting New Member

Jun 3, 2018
    What error message do you get when trying Amazon?

3. elprice7345

Sep 28, 2009
    Denver, CO
    The 3rd screen shot I attached in my post: Insufficient Bandwidth

4. Voting

Voting New Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Sorry - missed that.

You need to verify that there is no other traffic using your 35GB bandwidth when the problem occurs. Intermittent problems are often the hardest to solve. You have your own router or are you renting it?

5. elprice7345

Sep 28, 2009
    Denver, CO
    I have my own router.

Just tried again with nothing else consuming bandwidth and still have the same errors. Been happening all day.

6. elprice7345

Sep 28, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Well ... Netflix and Amazon magically started working this afternoon.

I didn't change anything.

When I test my network connection with Netflix today, I get 3 green checks, when before I was getting 1 red and 2 green.

I found this: Netflix Error NW-2-5

The next time it happens, I'll try rebooting my router and modem and see if that helps.

If/when it happens again, I'll post here.