Neighbors Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by lord-dogbert, Jan 17, 2006.

1. lord-dogbert

lord-dogbert New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Fontana, Ca
    Anyone know of any issues with using MRV/MFS-FTP between my neighbors Tivo and My Tivo's via wireless. I get wireless signal at her house an don't see a technical reason why not but I am thinking legal wise.

We are both paying D*TV customers, we just want to pool my three boxes and her box together for 790 gig :)

2. Tracy RainH2o

Tracy RainH2o Photo Man

Nov 17, 2005
    Georgia
    Should work as long as you both have the proper enhancements installed. You will also need to use the same router IP address, but all the Tivos will require different IP addresses from each other.

As long as you are not talking about a theft of service, I wouldn't think it would be any more of a legal issue than installing the enhancements to begin with. However, I am no attorney.

3. lord-dogbert

lord-dogbert New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Fontana, Ca
    I just completed hacking her box with everything I have. I noticed that my wireless was bleeding over into her house so I asked if she wanted access to my Tivo's and Vice Versa for MRV and tserver.

Hmmm, thinking....
    ....If tivo were to add the ability to enter an IP address for MRV and use a standard TCP port then friends and family could pool resources. The great aunt on the east coast would become a very popular person :)

4. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    mrv is restricted by subnet. :(

5. mikellanes

mikellanes New Member

Dec 6, 2002
    VPN?

6. rbautch

rbautch User

Feb 5, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I recall someone on DDB doing this a year or two ago. Seach for SSH tunneling.

7. slydog75

slydog75 Not all that sly

Jul 8, 2004
    Warminster, PA
    TO answer your original question it's certainly technically possible.. I'm allready doing this with my father's tivo.

8. StanSimmons

StanSimmons Senior Moment Member

Jun 10, 2000
    Flower...
    Are the two tivos hacked? and what version software are they running?