Negative padding...but US only

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by mesaka, Nov 23, 2005.

1. mesaka

mesaka travelling member

Sep 27, 2002
    Yet another reason to look longingly over the Atlantic...

I saw this on the new TiVo blog site.

"Plus, another new service feature!
    So you’ve heard about the new Yahoo Online Scheduling (since I just told you about it a few days ago)...But there is another new feature that we’re pretty excited about as well. It’s called Overlap Protection™. In the past, if two of your favorite shows overlapped by a minute or two, you could only record one or the other. Now, with Overlap Protection™, your TiVo box can record both shows back-to-back by clipping just enough from the end of the first show or the beginning of the second show, based on which has the higher Season Pass priority in Season Pass Manager™.

I so want a Series two machine!

2. Heuer

Heuer New Member

Mar 15, 2004
    Nottinghamshire
    We call it Endpad!

3. mesaka

mesaka travelling member

Sep 27, 2002
    Isn't there a difference? I thought endpad only puts on time at the beginning / end while this takes it off of one in order to allow both to be recorded?

4. iankb

iankb New Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Reading, UK
    I think that somebody did produce a version of Endpad that introduced negative padding, but nobody seems to have the confidence to merge it in with the main product. Does this mean it isn't reliable? Is anybody out there running it on a daily basis?

5. zippy7272

zippy7272 New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    I'm on the look out for this at the mo. Any ideas where I might find a copy? (negative padding that is)

6. mike0151

mike0151 A Friend of Dot

Dec 13, 2001
    Liverpool,...
    I think it is somewhere in the main endpad thread - lots of reading ahead for you LOL

Mike