Need to re-pair slider remote upon reboot

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by fonewiz, Jul 24, 2011.

1. fonewiz

fonewiz New Member

Jul 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Why does my Tivo Slider remote quit working after reboot?

I realize it's technically losing the Bluetooth pairing but why?

Tivo rep told me it has to be re-paired each time you power cycle or reboot the Tivo and seemed as though that was normal.

I consider this a serious bug! Why don't they fix the software to make the Tivo Slider Remote work after a reboot without having to set it up (pair it) each time there is a reboot?

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    That would be very annoying since it reboots anytime there is a software update.

3. DeWitt

DeWitt Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Saratoga...
    I have never had to re-pair mine after a reboot.

4. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    I have not had to repair the Bluetooth on either of my TiVo HD or the Series 4. one difference may be because I have more than one TiVo I have programmed each to a unique IR Remote Address. Controlling two TiVo boxes with separate remotes

You also might check the battery level
    Then again, I don't reboot the DVR's very often.

5. DeWitt

DeWitt Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Saratoga...
    I forced a reboot just to verify my earlier comment(Hard reboot) and the slide remote worked fine afterwards with no intervention required.

If this is not the case for you I would be holding supports feet to the fire.

6. fonewiz

fonewiz New Member

Jul 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    It is my understanding that my remote must be in "Bluetooth Mode" if I want the alpha keypad to work. It seems that the IR part is fine but when I have the slider in IR mode, the keyboard doesn't work while the regular remote part works OK.

Are all of you using your slider in Bluetooth mode? If not, does your keyboard work in IR mode?

Maybe I am just lost with this remote.. Can I just yank the Bluetooth cable all together and use it IR only and somehow get the keyboard to work?

I am familiar with how regular Tivo remotes work, it's the introduction of Bluetooth with the new Slider that has me a little puzzled.

Thanks so far for all the responses.