Need TiVo remote that is backlit and Netflix button

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by cukydoe, Apr 20, 2019.

1. cukydoe

cukydoe New Member

Mar 5, 2019

Advertisements

I have the tivo bolt vox and am wondering if there is a version of the TiVo remote that has a backlight for the keys and also has a Netflix button? I do not need the voice.
    If there isn't is there a way to program a key on one of the remotes that have the backlight to be a Netflix button?
    Which backlight remote is recommended?

Thank you very much!

2. cukydoe

cukydoe New Member

Mar 5, 2019
    Actually the box remote does have the button. So wondering if I can train another remote

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The VOX remote does have a Netflix button, and it functions with the remote in IR mode. The voice button requires RF mode.

4. cukydoe

cukydoe New Member

Mar 5, 2019
    But it isn't backlit. I need backlit and was asking about making a button for netflix

5. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA

Advertisements

You could get a slide remote and then teach Netflix command to input or mute key.

6. cukydoe

cukydoe New Member

Mar 5, 2019
    Perfect. That is what I was hoping for and needing to know if that was possible. Thank you very much!

7. pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014
    If running TE4/Hydra, isn't it easier to use one of the number keys for the Netflix shortcut?

8. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    As Joe indicated, the VOX remote has dedicated Netflix, Skip and voice buttons. I think someone indicated this was a Netflix requirement now but not sure if that's correct?

upload_2019-4-20_18-37-7.png

Scott