Need Tivo for HD TV

Discussion in 'eBay Auction Central' started by roscoedarling, Sep 27, 2011.

1. roscoedarling

roscoedarling New Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I've been using a Cox DVR for a couple years now but they screwed up my dvr set up with a software change.....now the hard drive expansion I put on the dvr won't work and they won't do anything about it.

So, I would like to find a Tivo unit that will support HD and record at least two shows at the same time. I would appreciate any suggestions or offerings if you have an extra unit. I would like to find a lifetime subscription unit if possible.

Also, I would be interested in a low cost series 2 unit with lifetime service.

Thanks for any suggestions or offers.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    What you would be looking for is either Series 3/HD or Premiere. Adding a lifetime service is now at $499.99.

3. roscoedarling

roscoedarling New Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Thanks. I was looking at the series 2 for a second non HD tv I use.

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    If that TV has the yellow and red/white inputs, you can use S3/HD or Premiere. These record 2 channels at once and while you watch another recording.

5. roscoedarling

roscoedarling New Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I've seen some pretty good prices on series 2 Tivos (they said 2 tuners in the ads) with lifetime subscriptions. I was thinking I'd try to find that for the second set.

6. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    I have lots of low cost series 2 unit with lifetime service. None have two tuners. I do have two tuner series 2 units for very cheap, but they don't have lifetime service. All prices do not include shipping. Local pick up or delivery in Denver area welcome.

$70 for Series 2 Tivo 40 gig hard drive single tuner with lifetime service so you don't have to pay the monthly fee.

$80 for Series 2 Tivo 80 gig hard drive single tuner with lifetime service

Series 2 Pioneer Tivo DVR with DVD burner and Tivo Basic lifetime Service. $75
    I also have Series 1, 2 Tivos with lifetime service and without.

7. roscoedarling

roscoedarling New Member

Sep 27, 2011
    ReplayTV
    I tried to PM you but I have too few posts and I'm not sure it went through. If you can pm me your email address, I'd like to talk with you about your lifetime units
    thanks

8. Oct 3, 2011 #8 of 10
    generaltso

generaltso Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Vermont
    Did you find a unit yet? I've got a Premiere for sale that would fit the bill.

9. Oct 4, 2011 #9 of 10
    blackngold75

blackngold75 Active Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Northern...
    I may have a Tivo HD w/Lifetime coming up for sale in about a week or so.

10. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...