Need some help please - indexing problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by ColinVGrey, Feb 21, 2009.

1. ColinVGrey

ColinVGrey New Member

Jan 10, 2009

Advertisements

My Tivo has suddenly started to fail on its Daily call - failure while indexing.

So far I have tried the following.

Repeated Guided Setup -
    Using a new postcode and Ariel only - everything goes fine - Indexing etc all ok.

Re-ran guided setup using Ariel+sky digital - failure while indexing - tried a couple of diff postcodes here.

Did a delete all from system reset - Failure while indexing.

Nothing seems to work :(

Checked swap file - details from Kernel log below:

Tivo has a 500Gb hard drive from tivocentral along with Turbonet.

Have had no problems at all - till last couple of days.

Anyone got any further tips on what I can try?

Colin

2. ColinVGrey

ColinVGrey New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Well I'll have a few more attempts today, if no luck I'll prob get another drive and bung the 500Gb one out of this Tivo into my brothers after i redo it, and anyway he's been asking me to upgrade his drive for a while - so as good a time as any I guess.

Seems to me like there may be some corruption on the drive itself, as everything I try seems to have no luck - and yes tried moving it to a friends and using his phone line with no luck. It will do ariel only setup fine - but as soon as I try digital sat setup it fails - which perhaps means there is a problem on the drive with free space.

Edit:

Just done a Delete all and it fails while importing on the initial call - I think the hard drive needs some attention, unless anyone else has any ideas?

3. Wilf

Wilf New Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Norwich UK
    Had the same problem on my original drive some years back, tried all the suggestions on here, to no avail, put in a new drive and was successfull straight away.

4. ColinVGrey

ColinVGrey New Member

Jan 10, 2009

Advertisements

Aye, I think a new drive is the solution - am pretty sure the problem is down to a lack of free space for the building of the index file, which is why ariel only which has a lot less channels works - but sat doesnt.

5. ColinVGrey

ColinVGrey New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Well bought a new drive from Tivoheaven - installed it this morning and all is working ok, daily call completed fine for the first time in a week.

Treated my Tivo to a cachecard also - and that does make a difference indeed :)

Excellent service from Steve at Tivoheaven.

Now to upgrade my brothers Tivo with my old drive after I redo it.