Need Roxio EMC9 help

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by rohan2, Oct 16, 2007.

1. rohan2

rohan2 New Member

Oct 14, 2007
    I'm trying to burn Tivo shows on a DVD to view in a car on a family trip. I have TiVo Desktop 2.5 going and am able to download shows from my Tivo to my laptop. I have purchased Roxio EMC 9 based on Tivo's recommendations to complete the process and burn to DVD. But for the life of me, I cannot figure out what to do within EMC to make this happen. When I try to use VideoWave or MyDVD and open the Tivo recording on my hard disk, I get a msg "One of more of the files you selected cannot be edited and therefore cannot be added". There are no instructions online or on Roxio's support center that address Tivo files.

Whats going on? I thought the great benefit of EMC 9 was that it recognized Tivo files? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling desktop after the EMC 9 installation to no avail. I have read alternate ways to burn to DVD (Dan203) and wish I had seen them before I made the $50 investment in EMC. Now I really want to try to get EMC9 to work.

Can anyone help?
    Thanks

2. sethm

sethm New Member

Sep 9, 2003
    I'm having exactly the same problem. I have no idea what's going on, so if anyone else knows, that'd be a great help.

3. dbpeckham

dbpeckham New Member

Dec 31, 2004
    I'm having the same problem.
    Don

4. mchief

mchief Morey

Sep 10, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
  5. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007