Need New Rubber "Feet" For OLED Series 3

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by mahermusic, Oct 11, 2016.

1. mahermusic

mahermusic Deadlines Amuse Me

Mar 11, 2003
    U.S.A.
    When I moved the location of my original OLED Series 3, two of the four feet crumbled. Does anyone know if the feet are easily exchangeable? I didn't see a screwhead from below.

If so, and anyone has an OLED parts machine that they would like to sell me the feet off of (please, just make sure the rubber is plyable and not brittle like mine!), let me know!

Thx

2. Luke M

Luke M Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Same thing happened to me. I didn't try to find an exact replacement. I got a set of feet at a hardware store and drilled holes for a screw/nut (ignore the wood screws that come with the feet). Naturally this requires disassembling the tivo.

3. SVTarHeel

SVTarHeel Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Winston-Sale...
    I bought one set on eBay. When another set was needed, no one had them so I got them from weaKnees

4. mahermusic

mahermusic Deadlines Amuse Me

Mar 11, 2003
    U.S.A.
    Just ordered a set from Weaknees. Thanks, all!

5. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    When you get them, get some Room Temperature Vulcanizing Silicone sealing or caulking compound (the stuff that smells like vinegar while it cures) and fill in those feet, and when they age and get brittle the pieces will still be glued to the silicone.

If you turn the TiVo over and look down at the bottom, there's a black plastic "button" in the middle that you pry straight up with a small flat blade screwdriver, and then you can lift the foot off.

6. Wil

Wil Senile Member

Sep 26, 2002
    For anybody seeing this in the future I'd just say I use old crutch/pole tips or even soda bottle caps. I am so cheap and demanding of instant fixes it's embarrassing.

Mikeguy likes this.
  7. pmiranda

pmiranda Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Austin, TX
    When mine fell apart I just used ordinary silicone feet from the hardware store.

Mikeguy likes this.
  8. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    Yeah, mine recently crumbled too, but I don't see the point of ordering anything. Two very easy and cheap fixes:

1. Just buy a small pack of self-stick rubber or felt feet from any hardware store or Walmart.
    2. Even cheaper and quicker than going to the store: Use a hot-melt glue gun to put a little dab of rubber glue on the bottom at each foot point. If you wait for the glue to half-cool, when you flip the box over the new feet will all self-level (put a little square of plastic wrap over each one if you do not want to risk sticking to the table if you flip it too soon). You could also make feet of any specific height you want by just slicing off pieces of the glue sticks and then using the glue gun to attach them.

Mikeguy likes this.
  9. Jan 6, 2017 #9 of 18
    Audio Geek

Audio Geek New Member

Jan 28, 2016
    I bought a set of four replacement feet for $1 + tax at Anchor Electronics in Santa Clara. I found it on the shelf (in person) but doesn't show up in an online search. I used the old rivets since the package didn't come with any.

Mikeguy likes this.
  10. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Any part number and manufacturer information?

Scott

11. Audio Geek

Audio Geek New Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Unfortunately, no. It was just four rubber feet in a clear plastic bag.

12. HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    How much would you charge to pick up a set and ship them to fellow TiVo owners in need? :)

Scott

13. teasip

teasip Member

Aug 24, 2002
    I tried stick on feet from WallyWorld or some such and they are sticking to the entertainment center just like the TiVo feet did.

14. Audio Geek

Audio Geek New Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Anchor Electronics is not a regular destination for me--I just happened to be there with a friend. Anchor Electronics – Silicon Valley's Parts Store

This is the kind of part that's cheapest purchased locally due to shipping costs. I've searched for the part at Home Depot and came up empty. I'm glad I found it where I did. Perhaps other electronics supply places would have the part.

15. HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  16. Audio Geek

Audio Geek New Member

Jan 28, 2016
  17. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    I really do not understand all the angst about finding replacement feet! If you do not want to use readily available stick-on feet from any hardware store, or hot melt glue, why don't you just take a sheet of small-bubble bubble wrap and cut four 1" squares of the stuff and put them under the four corners and be done with it?

18. HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    No angst here but I would prefer to have something similar to the original and fastened in the same way.

Scott