Need info on H 20 with series 2 Tivo

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Oilman, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Oilman

Oilman New Member

Jun 8, 2003

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me what the ir code is for the H 20. Have been told that the H 10 code might work but have found nobody to confirm this. I hate to buy H 20 and not be able to use my series two tivo. Thank you

2. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    I don't think there is any code you can get into the current SA-Tivos that will control an H20.

Since it is an HD reciever, and the TiVos tend not to work with them (in general)
    I doubt the TiVo software is up to date with the latest ones.

3. Fluffybear

Fluffybear New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Georgia
    Actually a SA Tivo and a H20 work quite well together! The SA Tivo will not record anything more then 480i but otherwise there is no reason they can not work together.

4. Fluffybear

Fluffybear New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Georgia
    I guess I am confused! If you are using a Series 2 Tivo, you need to use the IR blaster to change te cannels on the H20. You should not need to set any type of IR Code.

I am using a series 2 Tivo with an H20 and I did not need to specify any IR code for the unit.

5. Oilman

Oilman New Member

Jun 8, 2003

Advertisements

Yes I'am useing a ir blaster to change channels but the tivo needs the ir code to change channels like 10074 medium