Need Help

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by JJK1954, Sep 22, 2011.

1. JJK1954

JJK1954 Beatle Freak!

Sep 6, 2011
    Bayside, NY
    I am having an issue with my Premier box. My Tivo is about two weeks old now, and I have noticed a problem. Three times now, I press the Tivo button on the top of the remote. After that, I get nothing! The remote stops responding. Nothing nada! After about six minutes, it reacts, and I go to Tivo Central. WTF? It's like the software is overloaded, and can not process. This does not happen all of the time. Only three times in the last two weeks. Last night it happened when I was recording a program. Does anyone out there know what I am talking about, and have this problem?

Thanx,:confused:

2. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    Since no one has responded yet;
    1st, reboot the TiVo. Sometimes, if your Tivo recieved an update it needs a kick in the pants (or 2 maybe 3) to start running right.
    Next, force a connection to TiVo, maybe it needs to phone home and hasnt or cant.
    Next, if you are using the HDUI menus try switching to the standard menus and see if it still has the problem.
    Next and maybe first, replace the batteries in the remote. Dont trust the ones that came with it are any good.
    Lastly, call TiVo, they can be very helpful, they can be a pain in the arse too.
    Good Luck!

3. JJK1954

JJK1954 Beatle Freak!

Sep 6, 2011
    Bayside, NY
    i will try those tips Thanx Sir.