Need help with TV codes for Memorex MT2024

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jls954, Dec 12, 2005.

1. jls954

jls954 New Member

Dec 11, 2005

Advertisements

I just bought a 20" Memorex MT2024 Tv that Target has on sale this week. Does anyone know the right code to use for the Tivo remote

I finally found one code -1037 that works with the exception of Volume UP. When I lower the volume it works great but when I try to increase the volume the Setup Menu comes on screen instead of changing the volume.

Thanks!

2. Jan 5, 2006 #2 of 16
    mkppk

mkppk New Member

Jan 5, 2006
    My Memorex does not like the codes either, did you ever find one that worked?

3. Michael R

Michael R Major

Oct 10, 2000
    Oklahoma
    This is the service manual link. Good luck. I just unboxed my MT2024 that I bought before Christmas for $88 at Target. It's certainly not a Wega but the price is more than reasonable. Remote batteries were not included. The MT2024 is also known as a Haier: 21F7A-P.

http://ads.hopperinc.com/pdfdocs/sm/MT2024SM.PDF

4. Slainte

Slainte New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks for the service manual link, Michael R.

I just got done setting up the one I bought just before Christmas as well. I haven't been able to find a code that supports volume correctly. I used the code search with the remote, and eventually found two that worked with the on/off, mute and volume down, but pressing volume up on the Tivo remote brings up the TV's settings menu.

5. Feb 4, 2006 #5 of 16
    thannon

thannon New Member

Jan 9, 2005

Advertisements

I JUST bought one today and I cannot figure the code. I am having the same silly volume = menu problem. Is this solvable or just a bad Tivo combo that is going to force me to return the TV? (She asked hoping it was not)

6. Nov 4, 2006 #6 of 16
    Tim747

Tim747 New Member

Nov 4, 2006
    I've got a memorex 20" MT2024 and can't find codes that work. Does anybody know the code?

7. Dec 2, 2006 #7 of 16
    twistedvincent

twistedvincent twistedvincent

Nov 15, 2006
    Wilmington,NC
    I have the same problem.....I wonder how long it will take to get this little problem taken care of!

8. Skidya

Skidya New Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Code 1037 didn't seem to work for me, but I found (actually by accident) that code 0148 does exactly what is mentioned: Power, Mute, and Volume Down work fine, but Volume Up brings up the menu for the TV (brightness and such).

9. TiVoEvan74

TiVoEvan74 Active Member

Sep 11, 2004
    We were tempted by that TV, too, although some consumers report buzzing noises, especially at low volume. Is that what you all are finding?

But it may be a moot question, given the lack of TiVo remote compatiblity. Too bad!

10. twistedvincent

twistedvincent twistedvincent

Nov 15, 2006
    Wilmington,NC
    Is there STILL no answer for this problem?????
    I REALLY don't want to have to buy a Logitec Harmony for my Lowly TV/Tivo/DVD combination....seem to be a bit of a waste eh??

11. jondular

jondular New Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Even 1037 doesn't work at all with my RCA DVR.

12. greensquirrel

greensquirrel New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Michigan
    Has anyone found a solution for this? I just unboxed my MT2024 that I received for Christmas and I can't get it to work on my R10.

On a side note, I wouldn't recommend this TV to anyone, unless you your buying it as a gift for someone you don't like. The post by TivoEvan74 regarding the buzzing noises at low volumes is definately annoying. Especially if you plan on putting this somewhere like your bedroom where you want low volume listening. Might be ok for a karoake bar.

13. TiVoEvan74

TiVoEvan74 Active Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Thanks for mentioning me. Sorry you ended up with the buzzer. Chuckled over your sing-along bar ref! Maybe a local bar could use a donation!

14. Hokie-Dave

Hokie-Dave Go Hokies!

Feb 19, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Sounds like nobody has figured this stupid TV out yet. :( I just added a TiVo to one of these TV's upstairs and have had no luck finding the proper code.

dave

15. mtmondok

mtmondok New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    the annoying squeal in the mt2024 can be easily solved with RTV.
    it can be purchased at any hardware store. the noise that you hear at low volume levels is caused by the horizontal oscillator transformer at a frequency of 15,750 hz. squirt the RTV around the base and over it from bottom to top and back down with a single bead thickness as it comes out the tube. no need to cover the whole transformer. i did not know which of the four transformers it was so i did it on all of them. one is large and you can see the wire coil. two are like small old fashioned milk jugs. find someone who can identify them for you if you feel unsure. most good tv makers do this when they are made.
    good luck-enjoy the silence. oh wait about 6 hours before turning it on and please don't be stupid, unplug the tv before you start. don't forget the two screws by the rear rca jacks and the one slightly to the left of them.
    if i fiquare out the code problem i'll let you know. MOONDOG

16. BigPoppaJerome

BigPoppaJerome New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    CA
    I have this hunk O junk TV in my home office with my old Series 2 singe tuner. There is still no solution to the remote codes not working? Last post in 2005?

Anyone got any ideas?:confused: