Need help with TivotoGo and Toshiba Gigabeat S60, please.

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by pooroldlu, Feb 8, 2007.

1. pooroldlu

pooroldlu New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Hi. I'm using the TivoToGo Desktop 2.3a with a Toshiba S60 and Windows Media Player 11. I've set the "Add to my Windows Media Library" under the Portables settings for the Tivo Desktop. However I cannot get any of the files that have transfered to the desktop to sync to the Gigabeat.

I've contact both Tivo and Toshiba and neither will help.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or solutions.

Many thanks in advance.

2. Sexy_Sealina

Sexy_Sealina New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    I'm sorry for you sweetie but since the conversion process for tivotogo has no independent parameters there is no way to tweak it to work with your device but what i can say is that I have direct show dump and pocketdvd and i am watching videos on my Creative Zen Vision W. Take that for what it's worth...good luck...

3. donlab

donlab New Member

Apr 15, 2004
  4. Boid

Boid New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Nebraska
    For what it's worth, I have an S60 and WMP10 and .TiVo files transfer OK. Takes a while to convert them to an S60-compatible format, but the process does work. I'm avoiding WMP11 for the moment, so I don't know if I can be much help.

On a related note (which I don't expect to be answered, being buried in this thread and all...), I haven't noticed that the "Add to my Windows Media Library" does anything useful. I have WMP10 monitoring the folder into which TiVo Desktop places its .TiVo files, and they seem to getting into My Library just fine.

However, only one show (a Colbert Report ep.) made it into the "TV" category. All the other programs (24, Monk, MXC) ended up in "Videos", with none of the TV-specific tags. Between transferring the Colbert ep. and the others, I did revert WMP back to version 9, patched up XP (including getting SP2 finally), and then reinstalled WMP10. Maybe that hosed something up.

I'd really like the .TiVo files to be recognized as TV shows...

EDIT: Found the problem. If WMP isn't running when TiVo Desktop does the transfer, files will not be published into the library. Using "TiVoWMLPublisher.exe <.TiVo filename>" will publish .TiVo files into the TV category (and remove them from Video).