Need Help with tivo series 3 HD All front lights flashing.

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by vid90, Apr 15, 2020.

1. vid90

vid90 New Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Hello everybody out there, I have a TiVo series 3HD model TCD652160 with lifetime subscription I had that TiVo for 10 years and now it give up on me, I was reading some post and some options are swap hard drive and mother board I would like to know which option is the most common on this TiVo, thank you all.

upload_2020-4-14_23-38-3.png

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You cannot swap out the MB.

First, the power supply has bad capacitors which can cause multitude of problems, including the hard drive.
    Next, the hard drive, if it needs replacing, a model matching image needs to be put onto a replacement drive.

That is all that can be done.

3. vid90

vid90 New Member

Jul 22, 2010
    OK thanks for your response, it seems like I need a new tivo.

4. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    If you have lifetime service and it's doing what you need the cost to replace the capacitors (and hard drive if needed) is not that much if you can do the work yourself.

Scott

Teeps likes this.
  5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Adding a new lifetime subscription cost more than 2x what you paid for years back for the S3, but you will get more tuners (4-6) with a Roamio or Bolt. IMO, I would avoid the Bolt for the 2.5 inch laptop drive, v21 software issues. On the Plus side, you can get streaming apps, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc.

Teeps likes this.